Chapter 2- Newt is Expelled?

It was a Sunday morning and the scent of animals filled my nose. Every day, I couldn't stop remembering that my crush was dating Leta Lestrange. It's been a few months since she told me and I still couldn't get it out of my mind. 

I looked at the calendar and smiled. remembering my birthday. 

"It's my birthday!" I screamed. Doing so woke up my animals. Indigo hissed at me and moved over to the corner of the room. Baby was still asleep though. 

I put the seeds in his exhibit and the rest of the food for Flame and Snowball. I got up and got dressed into uniform. Even though it was a Sunday, I took extra classes with a few other students. This girl named Jessica was there along with her sister Courtney. They were older than me, way older.

I found out yesterday that Courtney was in Slytherin and Jessica was in Ravenclaw with Maddie. 

I ran over to class and sat next to Jessica. "Happy birthday Y•N!" She gave me a side hug. Courtney heard us and turned around from her seat. "Happy birthday Y•N." 

"Thanks, guys" I smiled. 

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" they asked at the same time. 

"Not really, I was hoping spending time with some of my friends and maybe my dad," I shrugged. 

If my dad could make it this time, I thought. 

"You dad? What about your mom?" Courtney asked. 

"I never knew her, she died giving birth to me." I frowned at the thought. 

The two girls looked at each other and frowned. "That's sad," Jessica said. 

"Sorry for bringing it up," Courtney apologized. 

"It's fine, I don't speak about the topic often. It's nice to say it sometimes," I smiled but my brain was screaming. 

The teacher walked in and we started working on charms. 

Time Skip-

I took off my uniform and put Flame on my shoulder as she was bigger and stronger. Her feathers still haven't grown yet. I hummed as I cleaned my room a little. Everything was nice and clean before I left my room. 

I skipped over to Newt's room and knocked. "Hello?" He asked opening the door a little. I waved at him with a bright smile. "Y•N! I'm so glad to see you! Come in." He pulled me into his room and sat me on his bed. "Happy birthday." He smiled before putting a locket around my neck. 

The locket looked like it was made out of silver. It had beautiful designs on it that made it look wood-like. On the Inside was a picture of him and Theseus. 

I tensed up, I covered my mouth with my hand. "Newt," I started. "You shouldn't have. Oh my God, thank you!" I gave him a smile. Newt blushed a little which made my heart do backflips. A sudden knock was at the door, which, in my opinion, completely ruined the moment. 

"Come in," Newt said quietly. A tall young man named Ian poked his head out behind the door. 

"Newt, Professor Dumbledore needs to speak to you," he said. rather terrified. 

The two of us looked at each other and I said as a joke before he left, "What'd you do this time?" 

He was scared and his face was pale. He gave me a nervous laugh before walking off. I was left in his room thinking, what happened?

--

Newt came back in the room after 30 minutes with a pale face. He was sweating and kept fidgeting with his fingers. I grew worried by looking at him, what could have possibly gone wrong? Reading his mind could not be any good, doing so might get him even more embarrassed. 

"Newt, what's wrong?" I asked. 

He walked over to me, gave me a hug and, with a voice full of sadness, whispered, "Y•N, I was expelled."

I froze in fear. Life in Hogwarts without Newt? How would I ever survive? He is my best friend, my crush, he is a part of my family! I can't do this without him. 

I burst into tears and hugged him tightly. "Newt, don't go!" I cried onto his shirt, but neither he nor I cared. 

"I'm sorry, I'm leaving tomorrow," he said quietly. 

"Newt... I'm going to miss you so much..." I continued to cry. 

"I'll miss you too." 

He rubbed my back gently, whispering reassurances into my ear until we both gradually fell asleep.

The next day I was at the Hogwarts Express with Newt. I looked at him before he walked on, Leta and Theseus already back to the castle. "I... Bye." I said quietly. 

"Goodbye." He gave me a hug, one I silently accepted. When he let go, I tried not to cry again. 

"Don't forget to send me an owl!" I said as he went on the train. He turned around and nodded before walking on the train and going home. Away from me.

I go back to my room and sit on my bed looking at the work that was placed in front of me. Flame was in her cage looking at me. I noticed that something was different about her. A white light was in the room in seconds. When I opened my eyes everything looked the same, except the fact that I now owned a phoenix.