Prologue

A / N: I forgot to say this but I also don't know what year he was in when he got expelled. I don't pay attention to details like that. If you know please tell me =) ) (also I added my friend in here)

When you went to Hogwarts in your 4th year-

Walking around Hogwarts I found a beautiful secret garden, it had all the magical creatures that I had known and so many beautiful flowers and trees. It was so beautiful to me. I rn over to the headmaster's office and squealed. "FATHER! I found a beautiful garden! It has all my favorite trees and animals!" 

"That's great Y•N, can you show me?" Dad asked. I nodded and showed him to the garden. 

I took my father's hand and dragged him down the staircase. "It's so beautiful!" I gushed. He laughed and nodded. 

"It is, isn't it?" I only nodded jumping off the last step. Soon I noticed an egg almost fall from its nest. I ran over and caught it before it could fall. "Good catch darling," Dad said, smiling at me and leaning on the railing. 

It hatched and gave me a tiny bird with no feather, as expected. It seemed weak and sick. I felt horrible. Maybe it hatched too early? I asked myself. 

"Dad, I think she is sick." I frowned. 

"How do you know it's a she?" Dad asked, genuinely curious. 

"I'm just assuming now, but when she gets older, we can find out what her real gender is." 

I softly pet her head with my finger, cooing at it. Dad sighed out, "You already have a cat as your pet and that snowy owl that you're taking care of, not to mention that occamy Newt gave you." 

"I know, I know, but I don't have a bird." He looked at me. 

"An Owl is the same thing as a bird," Dad stated. I only hummed. 

"I'll keep her here, I'll come between classes and make sure she's okay! Please!" I whined. 

"Okay, fine, but I'm not helping you." 

Dad left me in the garden while he went to go grade papers. I didn't have any classes at the moment. It was lunchtime. 

Meanwhile in Newt's PoV-

"Hey Maddie, did you see Y•N?" I asked. 

Maddie shook her head. "Not since Defense Against the Dark Arts." 

"Oh," I frowned. 

"I think I saw her with Professor Dumbledore earlier, though."  

"All right, thank you!" I smiled and ran out of the Great Hall.

I tried to figure out where Y•N would take him. I ended up just wondering around the school. I saw a door open, one that I never noticed before and walked down the stairs. It was a brick hallway like usual until It changed into a beautiful garden. 

I saw Y•N sitting in the grass petting a bird. "What am I going to name you?" She asked herself. "I guess we should wait until we find out what bird you are." She shrugged. 

"Hello Y•N," I said quietly. 

"Oh hey, Newt!" She smiled, running over to me with the bird in her hand. "Isn't it beautiful?" She asked. I nodded, looking all around. Different types of magical creatures were there. 

"I found this little one almost falling out of her nest, she hatched and I think she imprinted on me. So I'm pretty sure I'm her momma now," she ranted. 

"Yeah, you're the first thing she saw, making you her mother. Hey, what kind of bird do you think it is?" I asked. 

She shrugged, "I don't know. I want it to be a surprise!"

Y•N gave the bird some worms and put her in her breast pocket. "We should go before people notice we are gone," she said, walking up the stairs, leaving me to follow. She talked about the occamy that I gave her and how he is behaving so well. "I need a name for him too, I always call him Little Boy," she sighed. 

"Naming block?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I haven't had the inspiration to give them good names," she said and looked down. 

"I'm sure you'll find out names for him," I smiled. 

The bell rang and Y•N intertwined our fingers, racing to our next class, Transfiguration. She loved that class to death. She loved how she turned herself or anything into animals and new creatures that she got to keep and name. She also loved helping people. 

"I can't do this," I sighed out. 

"Yes you can! Don't think that, I'm sure you can turn something into something today." She rubbed my back. 

"Really?" I said raising an eyebrow. 

"Defin-" 

Leta Lestrange came into view. She came over to us and said, "Hey Newt." She smiled, holding a large pile of books rather precariously. "I was wondering if you could go to the quidditch grounds with me later tonight?" she asked. 

"When?" I asked. 

"Maybe one in the morning?" She asked. 

"Newt that's after hours you'd get in trouble," Y•N tried to reason with me. I ignored her.

 "Sure!" I smiled. 

Y•N sighed and left me behind with Leta. I think I saw her rub her eyes.