Chapter 3: Bleak Falls Barrow

We walked down the hall, and I approached the robed mage. "The Jarl says I should help you with your Dragon project" I enquired. He laughed and mocked me about how I'm no help to a wise mage like him, it was very funny seeing his mouth drop and listening to him stutter as the Jarl told him that I must help him. "Go to Bleak Falls Barrow, find the Dragonstone and bring it to me, simplicity itself!" he announced , sarcastically. I proceeded , not wanting to speak to that bastard. I made my way back to the miserable village of Riverwood to ask for directions, and shortly after it became apparent that I had to go up a tall, steep mountain to the ruins, and that it had been taken over by scummy bandits.

I made my way up the snowy path, my feet were killing me due to the harsh temperatures , and at last I made it to a watchtower, and saw a few bandits sitting down, eating. I pulled out my bow that had been given to me by Ralof, pulled it back and shot; straight through the chief's head. Bandits being bandits they fled as soon as he died, not wanting the same to happen to them. I proceeded and approached the large Nordic ruins: I was outnumbered one to ten, but I felt a rush of adrenaline from killing the chief, so I pulled out my war axe and started chopping, and I emerged victorious: even claiming the archer's head as a trophy. I opened the large iron gates and emerged inside the ruins.

As I went down the damp and mossy hallways of the ruin, I came across a bandit trying to solve a puzzle, I crept behind the door and stared in...he pulled the lever and upon doing so he got shot with a stampede of poison arrows, killing him almost instantly.

Not wanting the same fate, I looked around for some sort of clue, there were three images: two snakes and a whale, going in that order across the room, so I turned the pillars and pulled the lever and there were no arrows, but an newly opened gate. I proceeded to go down a short staircase where I was ambushed by a small group of skeevers, I killed them with little-to-no effort and I found a paralysis potion on the table, so I put that in my pocket.

As I went down the narrow hall there was a doorway, blocked by some sort of cobweb; I cut it down and discovered a bandit, wrapped in a cobweb and screaming for his life, "LOOK OUT!" he cried. I watched as a huge Frostbite Spider emerged from the ceiling and flung him to the wall, killing him. I pulled out my war axe and used my recently found potion to give me the advantage, killing it whilst it lay there, unable to move.

I went up to the bandit and took a strange, golden claw from his hand, I didn't think much of it and moved on. As I went further through the dungeon, more and more undead draugr seemed to attack me; and then at last I had made it...The Hall of Stories!

There was another puzzle in the hall , and a slot where a claw would go, I had a feeling that it would've been of importance! I moved the circles so they matched the images on the golden claw, and then inserted it in...

The circles moved and the door pushed downwards, allowing me to proceed to what seems like the end. There was a large waterfall and a wall with words written in Dragon Tongue on them, which I had learnt about during my time researching in Daggerfall. As I approached the wall I heard men chanting...and then I absorbed some kind of supernatural energy from it. Being in shock I fell to the ground and then; I heard a sarcophagus open.

A large, armoured draugr leaped out of the sarcophagus and drew his claymore, and I quickly opened the chest, hoping for a better weapon; and alas there it was, the most beautiful sword I had ever seen, glass with the light retracting off of it. I went straight up to the draugr and shoved the glass sword straight through his bony head. And I then got the Dragonstone from his corpse and escaped through a mini cave exit.

I returned to Whiterun and gave the Dragonstone to him, "Thank you so much! Looks like your not useless after all" he sarcastically commented. Irileth then came to tell me to see the Jarl immediately about an urgent matter.

"What in Oblivion could this be?" I wondered...