Chapter 5: The Way Of The Voice

It was a tricky and dangerous road to Ivarstead, as I had to go past the newly bandit-infested Helgen, and if I would have been noticed I would have been a dead woman for sure.

There was also a bear outside of cave that I had to deal with, and when I thought it couldn't have been any more difficult, I was attacked by Spriggans.

The 7,000 steps took me hours to climb up, it felt like my legs were slowly but surely being turned into mush.

But at last there it was, the black castle itself; High Hrothgar. It had been a long and treacherous journey heading up the 7,000 steps to the home of the Greybeards, having to battle trolls and  wolves and the sort, I was tired.

I opened the black, iron doors to the castle and entered. In front of me I saw a few hooded figures, and then one approached me.

"Welcome Dovahkiin!" spoke the mysterious figure in a welcoming tone. "I am Master Arngeir!"

"Why did you call me up here?" I enquired.

"The Dragons have returned to Skyrim, and you have been chosen to stop the menace Alduin- The World-Eater, from destroying Tamriel!" spoke Arngeir.

This was all a lot to take in at once, nevertheless he proceeded to train me in the Way of The Voice - projecting my Thu'ums or shouts.

Master Borri teached me how to make my shout more sharp and powerful, and it really came to show how much it improved when I started and forced back the spectral figures using my new shout.

The Greybeards took me outside and learned me a new shout "Whirlwind Sprint" , and it teleported me to a short distance away.

This new power was overwhelming, I felt more strong and powerful than I had ever felt before.

"Your learning of a new Thu'um is...astonishing!" Arngeir complemented.

He then sent me on a rather difficult quest, to retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, and bring it back to him, and then we can complete the training.