Chapter 1

Groaning I get out of bed. Strolling into the bathroom, I take a shower and dress in jeans and a plain black T-shirt, and a pair of black tennis shoes. Nothing much.
     I always hated my walk downstairs in the morning... Or anytime. But none the less I go downstairs. I pull a soda out the fridge and go outside.
     I walk from my house on the edge of pack territory to the other side where the school is located. Yeah I could have drove but I'd rather walk. Plus my wolf likes the walk. My house is a small 2 story house, 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (1 downstairs and one in each bedroom.) A basement and attic with the normal kitchen, living room, dining room, and a back porch.
      20 minute walk and I see the school come into view. Of course I'm early and go straight to class. I'm picked on a lot, even though I could probably beat any of them in a fight. My father was the top fighter alongside my mother. But they passed in a rogue fight 6 years ago. I was 12 then... I refused the alphas attempt to put me into a foster home or the pack orphanage. I wanted to stay in my childhood home, I actually almost fought Alpha Elijah King. But luckily his mate Luna Karen talked him into letting me stay at home. I had plenty of money due to my father owning multi-million dollar business which is now mine. I've had it sense that day and the workers say I make better decisions than my father.
        Once in class the teacher ignores me when I enter and I go and sit in the front row by the window. My favorite seat.
      Soon everyone else arrives and class begins. First period ends and it is 8:45. 15 minutes till my 18th birthday. I'm supposed to be able to find my mate today. Well from today on.
      I walk from first period to my locker then to class. I'm really not feeling it today. Then again every birthday is hard now a days. 10 minutes into class I can't take it anymore. Not today. "I'm leaving." I tell the teacher. She just nods as I turn in the work she gave in the beginning of class. Yes I finished it all. I'm a nerd.... A really big nerd.
       I walk out the class and into the hall. Walking through the hall, I suddenly get slammed into the locker. "Mate." A sexy voice growls. I look up and see soon-to-be alpha Forrest King.

"You can't be my mate! you're a nerd and poor! I can't have you as my Luna!" alpha Forrest King yells at me. before he can say anything further I run. I run with all my might all the way home. Tears stream down my face as I enter my room. "He's going to reject us." I cried as my wolf whimpers.
     Hours I just sit there, crying. Then.. I stand up and walk outside and to the pack graveyard. "Hey Roxanna!" The groundskeeper calls to me. I wave at him and walk to the back of the graveyard where my parents grave is located.
      I kneel down and start talking. "Hey Mom.. dad. I am now 18. The business is going really well. We have expanded. We are nation wide and talking about world wide." I am almost in tears when I hear footsteps behind me. "Hey Ms. Mason." One of the graveyard workers says quietly. I turn slightly and look over my shoulder. "Hey Jessie." I say looking back at the graves. "I brought you some flowers for them." He says setting the flowers between the graves. I just smile at them. With a very small thank you, he leaves.
     "I found my mate... He doesn't want me. But I ran before he could reject me. It's.. uh... Not important why he doesn't want me or who he is. Maybe he will change his mind by tomorrow. He just needs to calm down." I say. "Um.. happy birthday to me. I'll let you rest. Goodbye momma and daddy. I love you." I stood up and dusted myself off. Turning around I see Alpha Elijah a few feet away. I must have been to distracted with talking to my parents.
     "Hello Ms. Mason." He greets. "Hello Alpha Elijah." I say slightly bowing before starting to walk toward the exit. "Roxanna... I need your help." He says walking beside me. My steps never faulter as I walk toward my home. "And what can I help you with Alpha."
     "The pack.. it's running low on resources and we don't have enough money to replenish. Training has gotten worst. There isn't enough money to pay them. Winter is coming and meat is scarce. Plus the gardens haven't been producing well in the last few years." He explains. I know what he probably wants but don't want to say it out right. I'd rather have him have to ask me to help. "Your point?" I ask. I mean I have my own garden that's doing well due to Mom's green thumb that was passed on to me. And I have enough meat for just me to last the year. I have more than enough money.
     In all honesty all he has to do is ask and I'd give the pack 3rds of my stock along with enough money to get us on our feet. I would still have enough of everything for myself for the year.
    "I will come with Karen and Forrest later. I'll ask you then. Also if you dont mind I'll will bring a few warriors." He finally speaks. My chest clenches at the mention of Forrest. But none the less I nod. "Good. I'll see you tonight. Happy birthday Roxanna." With that he leaves and I finish the last 5 minute walk to my house. I got to the basement and begin to pack most of the food I have in storage.
    5 hours pass and I have almost all of my food packed up. I put what I am keeping in the corner and what I'm giving in front by the stairs. Of course they won't get anything till he asks.

    Forrests pov (short)
         After my meeting with Roxanna and she ran off I didn't feel like being at school so I went home. Once inside I went straight to my father's office. Since I'm not at school I might as well help Dad with the pack. I will be taking over next month anyways.
    "Hey Dad." I say walking into the open door. "Hey son. Why aren't you at school?" He asks narrowing his eyes at me. "I um... I found my mate." I tell him looking at the floor. "That's great son! Who is it?" He asks excitedly. "It's doesn't matter. She's weak, a complete outsider, nerd, and shes poor. She wouldn't be a good Luna." I say. She's beautiful and I would take her the moment I saw her but I have a pack to look after.
      "Son... If she is your mate then she will make the perfect Luna. She was given to you for a reason." He tells me. "And money does not matter." He almost growls at me. "But we are low. The pack will start suffering soon."
    "I have a solution for that. I am hoping to fix the problem today." He tells me. "You do?" "Yes. I am going to talk to the person today. They should be able to help tremendously." "Who is it?" I ask. "I am not at liberty to say." He tells me. I just nod. "Here do this paperwork I will be back in the hour." He says handing me his pen and leaves. I wonder what that was about.
      40 minutes later, dad walks in. "Be ready by 3. We have a meeting to go to." He says before taking over the paperwork I've almost finished. I nod and go to my room to catch up on homework I have gotten behind on.