Episode 19

*Cole*

Cole sighed as he watched the two girls walk away. The taller one said that she was okay, but he still felt bad for knocking her over. Maybe she really wasn't paying attention, but neither was he.

He looked at the ground as he felt around in his pockets. Thankfully, he hadn't lost anything. That was when he saw a red hair ribbon. Oh, no! It must have fallen out of her hair when she fell.

He would like to return it to her, but he didn't know anything about her. Let alone what her name was, so how was he supposed to do that?

Cole jumped when his terminal rang. It was his patron, Wilhi.

As soon as he picked it up, she asked, "How are you doing?"

"I should be asking you that!" Cole took a breath. "When I called the other day, they said you were out because you had a personal emergency."

"I had a medical situation came up. I'm sorry I wasn't able to take your call."

Cole went and sat on a nearby bench. "Were you in the hospital?"

"Yes. I was discharged on Friday. This is my first day back."

Cole winced. "How are you doing, Wilhi? Sorry that I haven't been able to drop by. I've been busy with a new piece."

"Enough about me!" She sighed in exasperation. "Cole. How are you doing?"

Cole stared at the ribbon in his hand as he said, "I'm fine."

"You are not being convincing in the least. What happened?"

"It isn't that important."

"Cole..."

"Alright! Alright! Don't get your knickers in a twist!" A sigh escaped his lips. "I just bumped into this girl because we weren't paying attention. I'm pretty sure she lost her ribbon."

"Do you know anything about her?"

Cole shrugged. "Not really. I'd say she's a few inches shorter than me."

"Anything else?"

"She has long hair, but it's not like that is very specific."

Wilhi pressed him. "What color were her eyes?"

Cole furrowed his eyebrows. "A greenish-blue, I think?"

"And her hair?"

"I wanna say it's brown."

"Alright. Give me a few days to see what I can dig up."

Wilhi then hung up.

How did that happen?

***

Cole's jaw dropped when the text came two days later. Wilhi had found the girl. Her name was apparently Cyan.

If he wanted to return her ribbon, he should go to the park where the festival was. He wouldn't know when he would get another chance.

Cole sighed as he shook his head. This was insane, but it would be rude to look a gift horse in the mouth. Wilhi worked to get him the information even though she'd just gotten out of the hospital.

He put on a red knit hat before putting on red gloves and leaving his apartment.

A sigh escaped his lips when he exited his building. He was worried Wilhi had ordered a surprise cab for him. She could be forceful when she really wanted something.

It was nice to get out and stretch his legs. If he was lucky, he could maybe find some inspiration on his way to the park.

He was admittedly nervous to meet this girl properly. She might not have the best impression of him after what happened.