27 • Sick

Mark parks in front of my house and yawn. "Get a good night sleep. I'll pick you up to school tomorrow," He says and I smile to him.

"Let's sleep inside. You looked to tired to go home. There's some fresh clothes my father owned so you can take a bath," I say and he hesitates. He yawns again and finally nods.

"I hope there's no one trying to hurt you. Cause my chest haven't completely heal," He jokes and laughs. I get him a few of my father's clothes and he takes a shower.

While he shower, I prepare some fried chicken and put them on a plate

While he shower, I prepare some fried chicken and put them on a plate. He goes downstairs after finishing his shower.

"Huh? You're cooking something?" He asks. "Aigoo, I forgot to buy us something to eat," He says while putting his palm on top of his forehead.

"It's okay. This will do," I say.

"No. You used up all your energy today and you have school tomorrow," He grunts. "Why do you keep scratching your hand?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't know. I thought taking a shower would do but it doesn't seem to get any better," I say and scratching my arms. I look at it and there's a few red dotes on my arm. I cover them with my sleeve and continue to eat the chicken with Mark.

After that, I hand him his blanket and I go upstairs to my room. The next morning I wake up, I try to stand up from my bed but I'm feeling too weak to do so. I try to sit but I can't do that too.

I call out Mark's name but nothing comes out from my mouth. My throat feels dry and I can speak. I look around to find something to call Mark but I can't move. My body is itching all over and I can't stop scratching.

[Mark Tuan's POV]

I wake up in the morning but it's already 10 in the morning. Shit! Haneul can't skip school anymore! I quickly take the blanket off my body and run upstairs. "Haneul-ah! I'm so sorry it's not too late to go to scho-" I see Haneul is laying in her bed, unable to move.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" I ask worriedly. She signs me to take a glass of water and I quickly get them. She drinks a glass of water in one gulp and breath heavily. I look beneath her sleeve and there's a bunch of red dotes with liquid in it. Is this...?

"I think I've got Chicken pox.." She says weakly.

"Oh my. This must've because I brought you to that filthy place yesterday," I say while feeling her temperature with the back of my palm. "Gosh, you're boiling," I say and by then, Haneul's phone rings. She picks them up and speak slowly.

"Hey Kevin. I can't go to school today. I'm sick," She says and coughs afterwards.

"Huh? Sick? You've been skipping school for 5 days. Can't you at least come for a while?" I heard the conversation between Haneul and this Kevin boy.

"I can't even stand up from my bed. I'm so sorry," Haneul says and then hangs up.

"Let me help you sit up," I say and holds her. I then call our paramedic team and they arrive in a blink of an eye.

"Yeah, just like she said, she have chicken pox and she can't go to school for quite a while. She doesn't need to be hospitalize but I need to give her a shot," He says and I nod. Haneul closes her eyes before the needle pierce her skin. I hold her hand tight and she looked calmer.

The shot continue in peace and they leave. "I'm sure you'll be fine," I say and she chuckles. "I'm so sorry to bring you-"

"No. I think it is because I did a lot of strength training yesterday," She pouts and I push her face away.

"You're finding an excuse!" I say and she laughs. "Finally your teeth are showing," I say and she smiles shyly.
_______________________________________
Please leave a comment if you like it or not and don't forget to vote ;) Please follow me for more upcoming books! 📂

Don't forget to check out my new book in my profile entitled 'Truth Hurts [SEVENTEEN's Jeon Wonwoo]'! 💕 please give it a lot of love ❣️

Lots of love for Sunny Fairies! 💓✨

Please promote this book if possible ❤️