Chapter One

"Come on, it says that you have to just put a drop of blood now..."

"I don't want to," she murmurs, clutching one hand in the other as she stared, unnerved, at the setup that they had gathered.

"Maka, it's not like it's real," a warm voice beside her soothes, patting her back. "It's just for fun."

"It's like Bloody Mary. It's not real," another, louder, voice says from the same side.

"If it's not real, then why are we doing it?" Maka snaps, glaring to the blonde on her left who was currently holding a small kitchen knife. She didn't think that she would ever be able to cut fruit again without remembering this ordeal.

"Because Wikipedia specifically says not to stop in the middle of the summoning," Liz answers, looking from the laptop screen to her friend. "It could create an opening for countless demons to get out, not just the one that we're bringing."

"Why me?" Maka whines, though she took the offered knife from Patti, albeit reluctantly.

"Because it's your house and you suggested it!" Patti chirps, then giggles. "Just get on with it, already!"

"I don't want to do this," the pigtailed girl groans, closing her eyes as she poked a tiny opening in her skin, just enough for a droplet of blood to pool.

"Now drip it on the flame," Liz states, scrolling down a page on her laptop.

With her green eyes squeezed shut, she holds her fingertip over the flame of the candle they had procured, and cringes as she hears the hiss of the flame.

All of a sudden, the flame extinguishes, and the room is bathed in an eerie red glow.

"Shit, Maka!" Liz screeches, clicking buttons here and there on her laptop. "It died."

With no explanation for the source of red light in the room, the girls stumble to their feet, taking on a defensive stance beside one another. Slowly the light fades until they are enshrouded in darkness.

A burst of light flickers, and the power returns. Maka shrieks upon her discovery of another being in the room with them, and Liz, Patti, and Tsubaki follow subsequently.

He had snowy white hair and crimson eyes. And when he grinned at them, he revealed two rows of pointed teeth, sharp enough to do some damage if he so wanted.

But still, he had an air about him that attracted their attention. His face was one that could've been of an angel, were his teeth and eyes not so demonic. He was... Well, he was attractive, to say the least.

"Who the hell are you?" Maka finds her voice first and demands, though it's shaky and unconvincing.

"I am one of the great demons of the depths of hell, the creature you have summoned this dark evening. I am Soul Eater and I've-"

"Soul Eater?" Patti's laugh bursts forth and cuts him off, her hand coming up to cover her mouth in an attempt to stifle the sound. "What's the matter? Lucifer already taken? How about Cerberus? Couldn't you come up with something more scary?"

"Hey! I'll have you know that I chose this name for myself and I-"

"You chose it?" Patti shrieks hysterically. "What the hell was running through your brain? Do you even have one?"

The three other girls began to relax slightly under the demon's fluster and Patti's incessant squealing mirth.

"How do we get rid of you? We didn't think this would actually work, you know," Tsubaki speaks up, directing her attention towards the white haired boy in their midst.