Chapter 3 - Choice 3

I immediately look to Monika, eager to show off what I wrote for her.
I walk quickly across the classroom to get to her before anyone else could.

"Hi Y/N!" the leader cheerfully greeted me. I let myself smile at her and placed my poem beside her on the desk.
"Hey Monika," I return and take her poem which she handed to me.

My eyes scan the paper, slowly processing what she wrote, pleasure lacing my features. I look at her, catching Monika giggling at my poem a little.

"Y/N, I totally underestimated your writing ability!" Monika exclaimed and handed me back my poem.

I give her hers back and she sits on the corner of the desk. I stay standing.
"I'm glad you're settling in, Y/N, it's made me really happy!" Monika tells me, and I feel my heart flutter.

"I'm glad you say that," I return to Monika, my cheeks a shade of salmon. I rub my arm as I take it the features on her face; her flawless green eyes, her plump, pink lips, her long strawberry blonde hai-

"Y/N?" I heard Monika say, and waving her hand in front of my face.
I immediately turn the shade of cherries, and look at the floor.
"Monika, sorry -" I say sheepishly and she giggles sweetly.

"Don't be sorry! Hey, I'm about to pair up people for the festival later.." she begins. I nod.
"Wanna maybe.. Pair up?" Monika asks and I jolt a little, nodding.

"I.. Yeah! Cool," I stutter, "I'd like that," I ramble over my own words and I laugh a little at myself.
"When is it?" I ask, and Monika begins to walk away.

"I'll tell you all now!" Monika smiles back at me and I walk over to Yuri, and we stand together in front of Monika who was getting Sayori and Natsuki over.

"Okay everyone! If you're done sharing, would you like to come here?" She says bubbly as always. We all gather round her.

"Okay, so the festival is coming up as you all know... And I think this is a perfect chance to show what our club has to offer!" She chirps, "so... Partner up, we're making this thing happen!"

We all looked at each other, then they all looked at me.

"..."
"I'm sure me and Y/N would make a perfect duet for this. Our creativity-"
"Actually I'm pretty sure me and Y/N are better at baking together than-"
"He's my best friend, so he has to help me!"

The girls break out into a heated discussion about who gets to prepare for the festival with me. I sigh.
"I've already picked my partner," I told them, and they all stop squabbling.

"Who?" Natsuki demanded.
"I already agreed to help Monika," I told the group. Yuri nods, Natsuki pouts, Sayori bounces.
"I'm glad!" Sayori says and gets her stuff.

Yuri agrees and packs up her book and notepad. Natsuki puts her manga away.

"Monika!" I catch her before she leaves.
"I think it's smart I maybe.. Get your number?" I ask without trying to sound weird. She tilts her head.
"To get your address and stuff!" I say before she gets creeped out.
"Oh!" Monika pulls out her phone and hands it to me.

I save my number to her contacts as Y/N, obviously, and I hand it back to her. She does the same with my phone.

I couldn't help but wear a smile that made me look like a giddy child after eating sweets, as I walk out of the classroom.

I walk home, keep on checking in my phone that Monika actually put her number in my phone.
This was gonna be fun!