Chapter 2 - Choice 3

Natsuki seems... Sweet. Under all of her attitude, and sour words, she seems like she could be fun to talk to!

I finish up my poem, adding a few cutesy words here and there, bringing it up to Natsuki's standard. I smile and pack it in my bag, and left.
I caught up to Sayori and we walked to school.

-_-_-_-

The day passed as usual, and it was finally time for the literature club. I took a breath, and entered. I searched the room for Natsuki, but she isn't here yet. I just stick with Sayori and sit at a desk with her.

"So.. When you like someone. Do you tell them?" I ask her casually. She looks at me, confused.
"What do you mean?" She replies, as if she's a bit hurt. I think for a second.

Wait.. Does she-
"Ugh! Someone has moved my manga again!" I heard Natsuki yell, and jump into the closet, followed by banging and ruffling.

My heart thumps and I get up, and go to her.

"Having trouble?" I ask as she digs herself out of the mess she created looking for her box of manga. She shrugs.

"I've lost my manga.." She sighs and sits on the cupboard, resting her face in her hands. I look up. I see a box on the top shelf.

"Its not that is it?" I suggest, pointing to it. Her gaze follows my finger and gets up.
"Yes!" She exclaims, looking for a chair. I shake my head and reach for it.

I bring it down to her, and hand her the box.
She takes it, not wanting to say thank you, but clearly is thankful.

I chuckle and she yanks a certain book out of the box, then puts it onto another lower shelf.

"Here," she says, "read this."
Natsuki shoves the manga into my hands and drags me to a nearby table, sitting me down.

"Huh..?"

"Cmon! Its funny! See, here, she accidentally falls and drops it everywhere! But she has a solution see because-"
"Ummm.. Natsuki? Isn't that kind of a spoiler?" I joke, and she looks away.

"Whatever. Pretend you didn't hear it then!" She yells and I nod, beginning to read the manga. I see her reading over my shoulder.

-_-_-_-

"Okay everyone! Time to share our poems for the first time!" Monika exclaims, bringing me and Natsuki out of our little zone. We look at each other, and just hand each other our poems.

I read Natsuki's poem and check off on my mental list what I've included in my poem that she has in hers. I'm actually really proud, as mine is similar to hers.

I glance up, and see her agape mouth, and her intrigued expression. My heart pounds.

"Um... Its good." She said bluntly, putting my poem down on the table.
I look at her funny.
"Really?.. That's it?" I ask, unimpressed. She nods and looks away.

"Yep." Natsuki replies.
"Wow. Okay. Well, I thought yours was very... Symbolic." I say to her, catching her attention.

"Well, finally someone gets my writing!" She huffs. I smirk. "Yup. I see here how you symbolized the idea of giving up. Its very inspiring," I practically lie, and she eats it all up.

"I know right! See, when people read 'cute' things, they only see cute. They don't see the deeper meaning to the words like me and you do," she rambled, making me see. I actually understand her a little bit more now.

I giggle and shake my head slightly, looking to the side.
"What?!" I hear her petite voice call out. I look down.

"Hm?" I question, confused.
"You were laughing!" She grumbled and folds her arms as she turns her back to me. I sigh and rolls my eyes playfully.

"I wasn't laughing at you, Natsuki!" I reassure her with a chuckle. She sighs and I see her smiling a little.

We part ways, and move from person to person until we've all shared our poems with each other. Afterwards, Monika gathered us all together.

"So did everybody enjoy reading each others poems?" She asks us, and each of us agreed that it wasn't a bad experience. Monika delightfully chatted with Yuri as Sayori grabbed her things, and started for the door.

I noticed, so I snatched up my things, and jogged after her, only to feel a hand wrap around my arm.

"Wait Y/N!" Natsuki called me and turned me around. I look at her.
"Here," she says abruptly, pushing an object into my hands.

"Huh?" I mutter whilst looking at her walk away.
"Don't bend it, I'll murder you!" She calls as she turns the corner to leave school.

I look down to see Parfait Girls in my hands. Smiling, and laughing a little, I add it to the things in my bag, and catch up to Sayori.

-_-_-_-

We walked together down our same road, and chatted about random things, but then the conversion switched to Natsuki.

"So.. Do you like her then?" Sayori asked, all giggly and innocent. I cock my head.
"Hmm.. Nope!" I say, surprising Sayori. I see the look of confusion on her face, and I let out a laugh.

"Jeez, Sayori, I can read you like a book! I know what you're thinking," I say to her. Sayori shrugged and readjusted her bag on her shoulder.
"I was just wondering, jeez!" She said, laughing. I nod and roll my eyes.

She stopped all of a sudden. I stop a little ahead.

"Sayori?"
I go to her.
"What's up?" I ask her, noticing she has a slightly upset face. She shrugs and continues to walk. I join her.

"I'm just a little upset because you're spending so much time with Natsuki, and not m-"
"Sayori, I'm not going to stop hanging out with you for Natsuki," I tell her. I see her face light up a little at my reassurance.

I reach my house.
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow Sayori," I say. She returns the gesture and she returns to her own home. Going in, I sit back and take out my poem again.

I'm so glad Natsuki liked my poem!
Hopefully I can grow closer to her as time passes?

(Go to Chapter 3)