Chapter 1 - Choice 2

"Ummm.. I was actually going to check out the anime club. Perhaps I'll stop by later?" I suggested. Monika's face dropped.

"Oh. Sure, I guess. Its just around the corner, a few doors down," she told me. I nodded, noting it.
"See you around, Monika!" I said and began a jog down the hall.

Looking back, she was standing in the middle of the hall, twiddling her fingers. I feel so bad...

I found the room number, and opened the door slowly. It had a few people scattered around, some had games, some had movies, others had figurines and some were just chatting. Cool..!

"Where... Is my damn... MANGA!?!" I hear from the teachers closet. Everyone, including the, I think, club president, stared at the short, pink haired girl in the closet, throwing things about.

"Uh.. Uhm, excuse me? This is the ani-"
"I KNOW IT'S THE ANIME CLUB I just want my freaking manga!" She screamed. Damn..
"Why?" The president replied.

"Not like I have a club to get to! Its my literature I have to take it!" She whined, and stood in front of the president. He sighed and slid a box from under the desk to her and she snatched it with a huff.

"See ya, dummies..." She shoved past me, and slammed the door behind her. Everyone was looking at me, then the president came up to me.

"Hi! You want to join the anime club?" He asked me. I looked about, and everyone was leering at me. It made me uneasy, and the president was staring, waiting for an answer.

"Uhh... No thanks. I was just looking for someone." I lied, and left, closing the door behind me. I heard everyone start to speak again and I sighed.

I guess the anime club isn't an option now.
I looked down the hall, and I saw the girl holding the box of manga, dropping one every now and then. I jogged over.

Picking up a dropped book, I handed it to her.
"Here.." I dropped it in the box, and she sighed.
"Who are you? What do you want?" She snarled, and I backed off.

"Woah.. I was just wondering which club you attend?" I asked, clearly offended by her approach. She rolled her eyes.

"A club." She answered bluntly. Wow. She's a pistol alright. And.. Kind of cute.
"But which club?" I pressed. She growled.

"Don't you have anyone else to bother?" She hissed as she made her way up the stairs, balancing the box.
"Sorry.. I just need to join a club. Yours seems cool... I.. Read quite a lot of manga, actually."

I noticed she stopped walking, and looked at me over the edge of the box.
"You read manga?" She asked. I shrugged.
"Fine. Come with me. You can defend my point in the literature club that manga is literature!" She chuckled and I followed her like a dog up the stairs, scarily awaiting my fate.

Wait..
Literature club?
That's what Monika wanted me to join!

Yess! Now I get to be in the same club as this girl, and Monika! I wonder what her name is.

"I'm Y/N by the way.." I told her. All I got was a hum.

I tried.
Me and the girl arrived at the clubroom, and upon entering, found Monika chatting to... Sayori?

She glanced at me, and brightened up.
"Y/N! Why are you here?" She questioned, obviously confused. I explained to her the situation that I went to the anime club, but changed my mind after my run in with Monika.

"So you're joining the literature club after all, hm Y/N?" Monika joked. I laughed sheepishly.
"Yeah.. I guess." I chuckled. Monika smiled sweetly.
Sayori's focus switched to someone else.

"Hey, Yuri!" She ran off to Yuri and I was stuck with Monika.
"That's Natsuki, the one who you came in with." She told me, and I nodded.
"She's a little sour.." I admitted. Monika laughed.

"Oh trust me, she's a little softy when you crack her shell!" Monika explained teasingly. I agreed and told her about the manga situation.

"Oh, you read manga too? Natsuki is adamant that its literature. She's not wrong I suppose.. I pref-"
"MONIKA!! I TOLD YOU TO NOT TOUCH MY MANGA!!" I heard Natsuki yell.

Monika glances at me, and I give her a good luck smile, before shifting away from the situation.

Hmm.. I look over to Yuri. She's beautiful! She has long purple hair that reaches her hips, and rich violet eyes. She seems slender and mature for her age.

Sayori trots away, and goes to Monika and Natsuki. I shift slowly Yuri's way. I watched her pull a book and notebook out of her bag, and begin to read.

"H-hi." I say. Yuri's head snapped up to look at me.
"Oh.. Hello! Are you new..?" She asks, and I nod, then shrug.
"I'm actually not sure.. I might join. I mean-"

"Okay everyone! Gather round!" Monika cuts our conversation off. Crap. I didn't really have enough time to chat to Yuri. We both joined the small gathering around Monika.

"So, I haven't done a proper activity for the club yet, so I though, since we have a new member, we could do something!" She told us all.

"What is it?" Sayori chimed in.
Monika smiled.
"We should write poems! How about we write a poem for a specific person, but we don't tell them who its for?" Monika suggests. My heart stopped.

What..?
I barely know three out of four girls here!
Hmm...
Four girls.

Monika.
Yuri.
Natsuki.
And Sayori.

Who should I write it for...?