Chapter 2 - Choice 2

I hope Sayori enjoys what I wrote for her... She usually likes anything I do anyway, as she's the type that clings to you if they like you. I don't mind it of course!

From childhood, we've just always kind of been close, and whether its romantic, or just friends then I'm happy. Whatever makes her happier I guess.

I say this in my mind while smiling and sighing in my head. Poem in hand, I enter the clubroom, and approach Monika.

She smiles.
"Hey Y/N! Have you wrote your poem?" she asks, as she also takes her own poem out. I nod bashfully.

I look about, the usual scene scattered about the room, Natsuki is rummaging through the closet, Yuri at a lone table reading, and Sayori is writing. I go to Sayori.

"Hey.." I greet her calmly. She looks up and smiles.
"Hi Y/N," she replies and moves her arms over her notepad. I give her a funny look.

"Hmm... Let me guess. You left it too late. You fell asleep during writing it. You chose food over writing it, and completely forgot about it?" I poke at her, causing her to look down.

"Hey, give me a break!" She sighs, but then her look of embarrassment turned to confusion.
"How do you know anyway?" She adds. I laugh, and shake my head.

"You seem to forget I've known you all my life, Sayori!" I joke and she laughs along. I take a seat next to her, as she slips her poem away.

I hear a grumble, and turn to Sayori.
"..."
"What was that?" I ask her, looking around. She slowly turns red, and looks down, holding her tummy.

"I kinda had to skip breakfast, otherwise I'd be late.." She admitted sheepishly, and hid her embarrassed face.

Yeah.. She has been late to school a lot recently. I hope she's okay.
I look back at her seat, to see she's gone!

"Sayo... Oh."
I notice her like a dog at Natsuki's feet, begging. Natsuki is grinning, holding a biscuit above her head, and laughing.

I hear Sayori try to trade her things for the one biscuit, and nothing is changing Natsuki's mind. I chuckle and go over.

"Wow.. Really," I say, giggling. Natsuki looks at me, and I calmly take the biscuit from her and drop it to Sayori. Natsuki seems to forget she's smaller than all of us here.

She huffs and goes to Monika, discussing whatever, a manga in her hand. Monika seems delighted to speak to her.

I see Yuri close her book, and slip it away, only to replace it with her poem. Even from here, I can see her pristine, calligraphic handwriting. It's clear she must've spent a lot of time evolving her style.

I go to her, and place a book down, that I was... "Reading". She looks up at me, her eyes bright.

"You're reading this?" she asks happily. I pause, but then nod timidly. Am I really lying just so I get to chat more? Really? I decide to stretch the truth a little.

"Well, I haven't exactly read much of it, but I've started it. I enjoy it!" I lied, chuckling. She nods a little, and she finishes the last bit of her poem, and was about to put it away before.

"Let's share poems everyone!" Monika calls out, and we do so. I beeline it for Sayori, poem at the ready.

"Sayori!" I call, causing her to turn around, and smile. She heads over to me also.

"Here!" she beams and hands me her poem, as I do the same. I read her poem, my heart speeding up. It's so delightful to read what she writes. It's a mix of happiness and melancholy, all  combined to create a true world. Our world.

"Do you like it Y/N?" she asks with a smile. I nod and return the smile.

"Do you like mine?" I reply and she hugs the sheet to her chest, jumping up and down.

"Yes, yes, YES!" she squeals and laughs. I chuckle and hand her poem back to her, and she hands mine back, our hands brushing against each other. It sent a tingle up my wrist.

She flashed me a really beamy smile, before partnering up with Natsuki.

I go to Monika.

-_-_-_-

After we all finish sharing our poems, we gather around Monika once again.

"Okay everyone! How was the first exercise? I know it was embarrassing.. but that's the barrier we learn to break as time passes! Soon, it'll feel like a natural instinct to share your writing with the first person you see," Monika says, cheerily as always.

"Anyway, the meeting is over now," she declares, "You may go home now! See you all tomorrow!"

I begin to put my book and poem into my bag, until Monika and Sayori stand with me. Sayori pulls her bag onto her shoulder and smiles.

"Ready to walk home, Y/N?" Sayori asks, and passes me my pencil case to put away. I thank her and stand up.

"I~"

"Actually, Y/N, it isn't an issue if I borrow you for 5 minutes is it?" Monika cuts me off. Sayori glances at her. I look at Sayori.

"But.. Um.. Sure. Sayori, would you wait for me? I'll only be a minute," I say before Monika rests a hand on my shoulder. Sayori seems really disheartened, which made my heart sink.

"Um... Actually, Sayori. Perhaps it's best if you go home. I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping Y/N for," Monika claims, making Sayori protest.

"But you said you're only keeping him for 5 minutes! I'll be happy to wait," Sayori pushes, making Monika sigh and close her eyes.

"Okay.. Fine," she says irritably, "Stay if you like, I don't mind."

I sense the tension, but lighten it again.

"So! What's going on?" I ask happily. Monika turns to me, handing me this book. I look at it.

"Huh. I wonder what this is about," I mutter, trying to sound interested. Monika giggles.

"Just a short read that I think will catch your interest," she says. I nod, and put it away.

"I'll make sure to start it tonight," I tell her and begin to leave. She once again chuckles and let me and Sayori leave.

"Wow..!" Sayori started, "Monika's a little attatched hm?" Sayori giggles. I chuckle along, thinking about how creepy that was, and how Monika wanted Sayori to go...

-_-_-_-

Approaching our houses, we part.

"See you tomorrow, Y/N!" she calls to me, smiling. I call goodbye back then return to my home.

Well.. that went better than I thought it did. I wonder if Sayori caught on to what hints I was dropping? Perhaps we have a shot in the future...

(Go to Chapter 3)