Four Crazy Strangers

Note: this will look super bad and rushed so I'm sorry but once we differ from the show plot it'll be a lot better

Living with your best friend, Amanda always had its troubles. She was an amazing person but her attacks left a lot of work to you. There were a lot of times where she would hallucinate and actually feel things that aren't real; which is truly awful. Thankfully, her brother Todd has managed to recover from the same thing, making it possible for Amanda.
Amanda also happened to be short on her meds, forcing Todd to come over with some more money for her.
And here he is now.
You stayed lounging on the couch with a book in your hand while Amanda answered the door.
From the doorframe, you heard Amanda ask, "Todd, is this your friend?"
"No," said Todd.
"Yes," said an unfamiliar voice at the same time.
"No."
Yes."
You soon stood to observe the commotion. From your spot, you could see Todd and another man in a bright yellow jacket with a wide smile.
"Dirk. Dirk Gently," he introduced.
You shrugged off the strangeness of the man and draped your body back over the couch. A few moments later, the voice of the unfamiliar man caused you to look up.
"Excuse me," he said, "but do you mind if I have a seat by you?"
You politely moved your legs to allow Dirk a place to sit.
"You're a friend of Todd's right?"
"Yes. He's my assistant. You're a friend of Amanda's?" He asked as he sat down beside you.
"Yep. Roommate, actually."
"I don't think I caught your name."
"Y/n."
He nodded and allowed his gaze to shift to the kitchen where Todd and Amanda were talking.
"So... what exactly do you do?" You attempted to make conversation.
"I'm a holistic detective. I solve crimes with the help of the universe," he answered with a smile.
"Um, okay," you turned back to your book, now a little concerned by Dirk.
A small amount of time passed and their conversation fell on deaf ears. Before you knew it, the weight lifted from beside you.
"Y/n, you wanna jam with us?" Todd asked you.
You smiled and put your book down. "Of course."
You went with Amanda to the garage while Todd and Dirk stayed behind to talk.
After everything was set up and plugged in, Todd stood next to Amanda on her drums with his guitar while you stood up front at the mic. Dirk sat in a nearby chair to watch. Your jam went like usual, Todd and Amanda would play anything that felt right and you would sing along. Your lyrics might be from a mashup of songs or just your own.
The session was cut short when Amanda screamed and her drum stick fell from her hand. You know how to care for Amanda, but you let Todd do it because of his experience. When everything has calmed down, it was time for them to leave.
After a few goodbyes, Dirk and Todd departed.
"Todd gave you more money right? You want me to go pick up your meds?" You offered to Amanda.
"Um, yeah," Amanda said absently.
You took the cash, gave your friend a hug and left to go pick up her prescription.
Upon your return, you noticed something different. Across the way from your house was a van with a large pile of bags on the roof. It was rusting and beat up with graffiti coating it. Among the graffiti, the words "ROWDY 3" stood out in bright red. The front window was darkly tinted so you couldn't see inside but, you had the feeling you were being watched.
Your pace quickened and you hurried inside the house, closing the glass door but leaving the wood open. After giving Amanda her pills, you asked her about the van.
"No idea. It just kind of showed up. Honestly it's kind of freaking me out."
She eyed a stray brick lying outside our door and you could see an idea spark behind her eyes.
"Come on," she grabbed your arm and dragged you outside.
She grabbed the brick and chucked it at the van. It bounced off the hood of the van and landed on the road beside it.
"What do you want?" You yelled at the car.
Surprisingly, there was no response.
You sighed and turned to Amanda, planning to tell her to come back inside. However, you found her shaking, staring at her hands.
"Shit. Come on, hun, let's get inside."
Your rushed Amanda into the bathroom where she began running her hands under warm water. You pulled out her medicine bottle and shook a few pills into her hands. After she downed them, you sat with her on the ground and helped her recover.
"You okay?" You asked, rubbing her back.
She took a shaky breath. "Yeah."
A crash from another room drew your attention. You rose from the ground, immediately on edge. Amanda trailed behind you as you made your way to the living room. The window had been smashed and the brick you had thrown at the truck earlier now laid on the ground with a piece of paper attached. You picked it up and Amanda huddled around you as you opened the paper. A smile broke out on your face when you saw what it said. "Hi."
You shook your head and threw the brick back to the floor.
"What now?" You asked Amanda.
"Let's jam," she suggested, already heading to the garage.
You jogged to keep up with her and soon made your way to the garage. She sat down at the drum set as you opened the garage and stood at the microphone stand.
"Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind- fuck America."
The song continued and your voice blared out of the speakers with Amanda's drumming. You noticed the van start to shake, like someone inside it was jumping around inside it.
When the last note of your song finished, both you and Amanda sharply flipped them off.
You turned the microphone off and went to lean by Amanda.
"Still light outside. What should we do?" You asked, your eyes shifting between her and the van.
"Let's go to the store."
"Like, walk? Outside? Are you sure that's a good idea?" You worried for your friend but she seemed to have her mind made up.
"Hell yeah! Let's go."
She got up from her drum set and excitedly headed into the house, leaving you to close the garage door. As you shut it, you took another look at the van. The swaying had slowed but you could still hear voices yelling and cheering inside.
—-
The walk to the store managed to go pretty well. Amanda seemed to be doing fine. She said that she had been inspired by something Dirk had said. It was along the lines of, "if you can't control when it happens then why does it matter if you're outside or not?"
It was a fair thought but for Amanda, a dangerous one.
The van followed you the entire way to the store. Surprisingly, you felt unusually comforted by its presence, instead of scared. The hours you've spent with it watching you made it clear that they didn't have any intention of hurting you.
Shopping in the store with Amanda was like having a kid in a candy shop. She was just so excited to be doing something without being hurt. It was honestly really sad that she loved such a life where grocery shopping excited her. But, she was happy nonetheless and that made you happy.
Of course it couldn't stay like that.
You were checking out, almost done, when Amanda caught on fire. She screamed as she pulled her meds out of her pocket. Seeing as she had hers, you hadn't brought a bottle.
Unfortunately, she dropped the bottle and it rolled under the counter, out of reach. While you tried fruitlessly to retrieve it, Amanda ran out of the store. When you noticed, you rushed to keep up with her.
You got outside and saw her form curled up on the ground, screaming. Nearby, you saw a few jackasses recording her fit. You wanted desperately to beat the shit out of them but your friend came first. You ran to her side and tried to bring her down.
"Come on Amanda we have to get you home! I can't get the meds we have to find more," you were at a loss on what to do. Amanda's previous attacks had been where medicine was easily accessible, but not now.
As you were thinking on what to do, the roar of an engine seized your attention. You looked up to see a very familiar van come speeding around the corner.
From the van came four men around your age. Three of the men ran immediately to the men recording Amanda. They all carried weapons of some sort and began destroying their car and breathing the men.
So these are the Rowdy Three? There's four of them but who are you to judge? One of them was pale with greasy, stringy black hair. Another was a darkly colored, beefy man and seemed to prefer his... skull to a weapon. The third attacker had black hair that was spiked up in a huge poof.
The fourth man who didn't fight called the others to draw their attention. They immediately went dead serious and began heading towards Amanda who was still convulsing in your arms.
The fourth man (the leader?) gestured for you to back away from your friend. Considering many of these highly intimidating men had crowbars and baseball bats, you complied.
The men circled around Amanda, hunched over. Their mouths opened and a wispy, blue substance was sucked from Amanda into their mouths. When it ended, she went back to breathing normally and passed out. Your eyes widened and you scooted away from the men.
One of the men picked up Amanda and carried her to the van. Two others went into the store and returned with our groceries and Amanda's pills. They, too, piled into the van with the first man.
Just the leader was left, standing above you. He held out his hand to you. Hesitantly, you grabbed it and let him haul you to your feet. He released you and turned away, beginning to walk to the van. After a second, he turned back to you.
"Ain't you coming, Rhapsody?"

Another note: rhapsody is the nickname given to you by the rowdy three because of your singing talent (like how Amanda is drummer girl)