Prisoners

"War Baby called my father and I from Shankshaw. Her old adversaries, the Ghoulies, had been released. Word on the street is that they want Serpent blood. They're gunning for a re-match. They want war."Jughead projected from the front of the room. He had gathered the Serpents and I in the classroom that was practically strictly Serpent only. As far as Weatherbee knew, we were a progressive chess club but little did he know.

"Then a war they'll get." I glanced up at Sweet Pea from the desk I was sat on who had just spoken. He gazed at me for a moment but stood by his statement and there was no changing his mind.

Sweet Pea and I had been on a rocky path the last couple of days. I had begun initiation and he wasn't too pleased about it but he knew it was what I wanted. He nevertheless continued to be there for me while I cared for 'The Beast' and learned the Serpent laws. His support was all I wanted through the process and I felt guilty that we have yet to find a solution to the Gauntlet which inched closer and closer.

"We need a plan." Toni spoke firmly from beside me and I nodded in agreement, tucking one of the strands from my messy high ponytail behind my ear.

"Toni's right, we can't just attack. They need to come to us first." I said with, now, all eyes on me. "And when they do.. we'll be ready."

"Will we?" Fangs questioned me, leaned against a desk next to Sweet Pea, "The Ghoulies have been gone for months. They're angrier than ever, we have no idea what kind of fight they're bringing."

I bit my lip anxiously, knowing he was right but I didn't have time to think of a response when Reggie barged through the room intensely followed by Archie and the Bulldogs. I sighed, knowing they were going to come in with some bullshit that would end in a fight, "Which one of you reptiles was screwing Midge Klump?" He asked through gritted teeth.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, not knowing where he had come up with the accusation but I wasn't surprised he came to us first. "What the hell is going on?" Jughead walked over just as confused as the rest of us, "This is a private meeting."

"I'm guessing it was you, Sweet Pea." Reggie pointed a finger towards him angrily. I rolled my eyes, knowing his aggressive approach would only provoke Sweet Pea so I stood up.

"Back off, Reggie." I crossed my arms, "He's taken." I tilted my head towards the dark haired boy who didn't take his glare off of my boyfriend.

I felt a hand on my arm before Sweet Pea stood in front of me, face to face with Reggie, with his jaw clenched, "You ass, I didn't even know Midge." He returned the glare he was receiving, "But, yeah, I would get why she wouldn't want fleas from you mangy bulldogs."

Sweet Pea's words had triggered a nerve in all of the bulldogs wearing matching varsity jackets, chaos now breaking out when Reggie had shoved Sweet Pea. The Serpents came to Sweet Pea's defense as well, including me, who had pushed Reggie back. Desks were being rearranged as Serpent jumped to Bulldog and vice versa. Archie and Jughead had been in the middle of it all, trying to calm each group until we were all eventually separated.

My hand was on Sweet Pea's arm in some sort of attempt to calm him down which didn't seem to be working as his chest heaved up and down. Fangs stood in front of him as well after prying him away from Reggie.

Reggie raised his arms in surrender before glancing around at his team, "Let's go." He glanced at me before turning and leaving followed by his posse. 

"Don't let him get to you." I mumbled to Sweet Pea who only pulled his arm away, walking away in the opposite direction making me sigh.

...

 "What does Sweet Pea think about your initiation?" Toni asked as we made our way towards my locker together.

"Well, he's not very happy about it but he's still supportive because he knows I'm not gonna change my mind." I chuckled shortly at my stubbornness, "But his support is all I could ask for."