Chapter Ten: The End

A/N: The title of this chapter means the end of Changes, not the end of Lala and Kaito's relationship. I am going to try my hardest to give Changes the ending I believe it deserves. I've tried to make Changes as interesting as possible, and my characters as believable as possible. I know that I haven't mentioned many of the other Canon characters, because my main focuses are Kaito and Lala. I also know that Kaito's character can be seen as OOC.
On the more positive side, I've decided on a shipping name. Galaxyshipping. The combination of their name, I have decided, from suggestions from close friends outside of this site, will be KaiLa.

Lala POV:
Things with myself and Kaito were going great. We had been transferred to Heartland Duel School. Two students from our upper class sixth form had to be selected for places at the Duel School. Only the best of duellists could make it into the school, and the people running the competition couldn't believe that myself and Kaito hadn't applied for the school before, we were apparently 'The Dream Team'.
We'd met more amazing duellists there, Kurosaki Shun and Kurosaki Ruri as examples. Now the siblings were a regular part of my day. As were their friends Yuuto, Sayaka and then that left my brother Kozuki Allen. He is the son of my father; the reason my mother is cold is because of the fact that my father was having an affair. In the Intergration Dimension, there was a massive outburst because the scandal came out. My father's royal title was taken away from him.

Now myself and my new friends hang out almost every day. I have my suspicions about Ruri and Yuuto, but they're too shy to admit their feelings to each other. That's what I believe anyway. Shun seems to notice, but he doesn't really bring it up that often. Myself and him were walking through the park one day when we saw them hanging out together. Before you ask, myself and Shun were on our way to meet Kaito.

Things were different now. Life had changed for everybody. Every other weekend, we were at Duelling tournaments. It was kinda stressful, especially since we were often up against the best of the best, but overall, it was fun and it also helped me develop understanding of my future subjects better. Life all seemed so completely perfect. I had Tenjo Kaito, and he had me. But, would he stay? All of these events had only happened in the space of three weeks, which was truly incredible! Now he had to decide if he wanted this life or his old one. I could tell that he was torn.

Kaito POV:
My three months were up. I finally had to decide whether I wanted the life I had now, or the life I had before. Even though I'd moved to Heartland Duel School, my deal still stood with my father. Haruto had already decided that he wanted to stay at his school. It kept me up for several nights, trying to decide. I thought of Lala, Kurosaki Shun, Yuuto, Kurosaki Ruri, Sayaka...they were all important reasons why I should stay at HDS, Lala especially. The duelling was a thrill: until the next World Duel Carnival, HDS was the only chance I would have to gain a professional duelling career. I wanted that now. Although I had enjoyed working at the lab, researching it was nothing compared to the roller coaster of a year that I had just had, and it was nothing compared to the roller coaster I could have with Lala and everybody else. When I'd spent four nights, lying awake and envisioning Lala's face, beaming at me like she had when we first met, I had made my final decision.

"I've decided." I announced walking into breakfast the next day. Father looked up at me, and Haruto's golden eyes flashed me and expectant look. He had found out about mine and Lala's relationship and he was almost certain that we were meant to be. He wanted me to stay with Lala forever and he was fairly certain that was what I wanted. I loved Lala, and I wanted to keep her safe from harm, but forever sounded like a big deal. Until I was sure what I wanted, I couldn't decide if Lala should be there. If my future led somewhere dangerous, I couldn't bring Lala there. She was a future queen and I would not chance taking her away from her subjects.
"I'm staying at Heartland Duel School." Haruto smiled blindingly, and my Father allowed himself a small smile, nodding his head.
"I knew when I set this challenge, you would make this decision." I smiled at my father.
"Of course you did, Father."

Lala jumped on me when I told her my decision. Literally jumped. For someone who was supposed to be a future ruler, she didn't act very regal. Shun laughed at my expense, whilst Sayaka and Allen cheered. Ruri and Yuuto were nowhere to be seen, and that worried Shun. We all had our suspicions that they were secretly together, because no one could deny the obvious attraction they felt for each other. As they laughed, I couldn't help but feel happier than I had in years. Here I had my girlfriend, Lavinia Kozuki, future ruler of the Four Dimensions, and some of the best duellists the city had to offer around me. I had my other friends away from here, and I had Haruto, home and well, better than ever. Myself and Father now were more than civil. My duelling career was about to take off. This was it. The next battle was waiting for me. Now was the time to take on the crazy road.
'Everything's fine, as long as I'm thinking of you.' I thought, looking at Lala. As long as she is with me everything will be okay. I don't know what my future will hold, whether I will still be with her in years to come. But that fogginess was kind of appealing. It's okay that I don't know what my future holds. I don't need to know yet.

'Discard all regrets, everything's in the past now. The new days are waiting for you to take.'

A/N: Wooh! Changes is finally finished, and I've got to say, even if you don't think I gave Changes the ending it deserves, I said everything I wanted to say. Kaito and Lala aren't over, not by a long shot. Soon, I should be linking the sequel, once I have wrote its first chapter. I wrote the first chapter of Changes as a draft on my phone, I never imagined it would get to where it is now. You've all been supportive, whether by commenting, adding to your libraries or simply reading it.
Again, thank you for reading.

​​​​​​​