Chapter Eight: The Surprises

Lala POV:

After saving myself by telling Kaito about me being The Crown Princess, we resumed normal attitude towards each other. Or about as normal as you can get after telling the only person you've ever loved that you will one day be the ruler of not only his Dimension, but three others. Despite this, it was the way things should have always been. No secrets.

He's been at the College for six weeks now, half of the time he was given to be here. I don't want him to leave, but I can't tell him how I feel about him, because most likely he is not going to reciprocate my feelings.

It's Monday morning, and I'm sat in Form waiting for him, but he doesn't show up. First period is Music and he still isn't here. I peek at the register and see that he is absent all day. He was fine on Friday when we last saw each other, though. What could have happened?

College doesn't feel right without Kaito. It feels empty. I hadn't realised how much time I actually spent with him. The only type of normality that remained without him was the big table in the on-sight café where myself and my friends usually sat with Kaito. Myself and Kaito usually had about 10-15 minutes there together before the rest of my friends arrive. They all walk over to me and sit down.

"Hey, Lala!" A majority greeted. I waved at them all, smiling. Joe hopped over and sat next to me.

"Sup, Lala?"

"Nout much." He smiled before looking at the empty seat next to me.

"Where's Kaito?"

"Absent. He didn't even tell me." I said and placed a hand under my chin in thought.

"Don't worry about it. He's probably planning something 'specially for you." He laughed in a rich tone. In place of me hitting him playfully, like when Joe normally said comments like this, I let myself laugh along.

"Don't be ridiculous." Since Kaito's chair was empty, Hikari decided to take his spot. She's been my best friend since I was 15, the age I arrived in this Dimension. I spent five years in Standard when I was born, then was moved to Synchro at five years of age, until ten. Then I moved to Fusion, not exactly extremely enjoyable, as most of my teenage years were spent studying Fusion studying. It's also where I learned about Zarc and Ray. However, Xyz is by far my favourite and I believe Tenjo Kaito is partially responsible.

Lunch remained as fun and chatty as normal, Joe and Hikari expressing how much they could not wait for our next Performance Arts-Acting course and other such things, but Kaito's missing presence felt unnatural and lonely.

After college finished, I walked Joe, Hikari and Aarushi- another close friend- home. Aarushi offered to walk me all the way home, but I told her I was going to see my mother, Queen Himora. However, in reality, I made my way to Heartland Tower, Kaito's home. I walked inside to see no one at the desk and a young boy chasing...a robot?

"Umm, excuse me?" I asked and they both looked at me.

"Is this where Tenjo Kaito lives?" The little boy's eyes widened and he nodded.

"Yes. I'm Tenjo Haruto. Kaito is my nii-san." Kaito never mentioned that he had a younger brother, but as I actually take this information in, there is no mistaking the relation.

"Is he here? I'm Kozuki Lala, his classmate." I hold up some assignments. "I brought him some of the assignments that he missed out on today."

"I'll take you to him." The robot wheels away, and Haruto guides me into a lift.

"Nii-san?" The blue haired boy knocks on a big door when we get out of the lift on the sixth floor. Kaito opens it, paler than normal and shirtless. His cheeks sport a light dust of pink and mine are probably darker.