#17 ; p.coutinho EN

"I WANT to propose

  "I WANT to propose."

The three players who were in the locker room with Philippe looked up from their phones to stare at him.

"Not to sound judgmental but...already?" Ousmane asked curiously, and Rafael laughed.

"What do you know about marriage?"

"I could ask you the same."

"I don't think that it is too soon. I mean we know each other for years now and I know that we've only been dating for like three months but...I know it's her. I can feel it."

"I can't make fun of you because it sounded really sincere," Rafael sighed, and Philippe laughed.

"Do you think that she'll say yes?"

"Uh, hello? Of course she will," Ousmane shook his head in despair.

"How long has she been in love with you?" Rafael reminded him, "Oh, right, months before you finally realized that she exists."

"Not my fault! She is so shy, I couldn't notice her!"

"Everybody knew it but you. She was basically all red when you were shirtless and stuttering everytime you were saying hi to her," Marc finally speaks, laughing.

"What can I say, that's because I'm pretty hot."

"I personally think that there's something wrong with your face," Ousmane said, and Rafael nodded.

"With his lips. You know, when he smiles."

"Shut up! You two are very bad friends," he said dramatically before leaving the room, and Ousmane and Rafael sighed.

"What a drama queen."

Marc decided to follow him, putting his gloves on.

"Do you think that I have a weird smile?" Philippe asked him.

"Rafa thinks that he's handsome and that everyone else is ugly, don't take his remarks personally. The other day, he said that my hair looked like a sponge."

"He knows how to make people confident," Philippe rolled his eyes. "Anyway, this is not what I wanted to talk about. How did you propose to Dani?"

"Oh," Marc laughed. "Well, actually, she proposed. And it was something very simple, we had dinner and she just...did it."

"I see," Philippe said, a little disappointed. He needed inspiration because he wanted to do something a little original--or at least, unexpected for Chiara.

He had to think about it.

🎄

Philippe sighed when he left the jewelry shop. He had finally collected the ring for the proposal, and he did not want paparazzi to immortalize this moment. He walked outside several shops, uninterested, until he suddenly stops when he was Russian dolls through the glass.

Russian dolls. That was an excellent idea.

🎄

"Chiara."

"Mmh."

"Chiara."

"I wanna sleep more."

"But it's Christmas!" Philippe said, and she smiled.

"You're a child."

She started to get up, and he waited patiently in front of the bed.

"Let's go downstairs!"

"Don't get to excited, I need to brush my teeth and also to drink a coffee and to--"

"Chiaraaa! The coffee can wait."

"Careful with your words."

He smiled.

"Please? Let's open the presents and then we'll have breakfast. I'll bake you waffles."

"Okay," she sighed.

She barely had time to brush her teeth--Philippe was next to her, reminding her that she had to hurry up. When they finally arrived downstairs, he was beyond excited.

"Let's open them!"

He sat on the floor and started to open his presents with a big smile plastered on his face. She smiled as well, looking at him. He had everything, so finding presents had been a difficult task for Chiara. However, she had realized that he didn't need exceptional things to be happy; just random little things with meaning.

She started to open hers, and she was happy to see simple things as well. She was scared to see a discrepancy between their budget, but seeing socks relieved her.

She just had one present left, and it was the biggest one.

"What is that?" she frowned, and Philippe smiled. She opened the big box and raised an eyebrow when she saw a smaller box in it. "Phil...what did you do," she accused, and he smiled.

"Nothing. Open it."

She opened the second box and she laughed when she saw a third box. She quickly opened it and she frowned when she saw a jewelry case.

"Philippe," she said, looking at it, and he took it from his hands to open it.

"We're sat on the floor so I can't get on my knees but I still want to know if you would marry me."

She said yes.

They got married eight months later.

🎄 tomorrow: a player from Paris Saint-Germain 🎄