9# What happened?

Peridot's POV
Oh my stars...
It was friday afternoon. I didn't go to school because I don't want to see Lapis. It's about...yesterday. I can't stop thinking about yesterday. Everyone was curious about yesterday. Emerald called me all the time and Amethyst texted me a few messages. Garnet sent me one message too. I turned my phone on.

yesterday
Ameclod: Hey P-dot! What happened at lunch time?

Ugh leave me alone.

8 hours ago
Ameclod: Um Peridot? Are you okay? I'm curious because Lapis and you aren't here. Is something happening between you guys?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I rolled my eyes. Stupid clod. Wait? Lapis stayed too? I knew I shouldn't do this. She probably hates me now. Why am I so stupid? She never wants to see me again. And that party, I can't go to that party.

3 hours ago
Ameclod: Hey I'm sorry. Can you please answer my messages? We're all worried about you two. Lapis doesn't respond either. Is everything alright?

1 hours ago
Ameclod: Okay thank you for answering me, you idiot.

20 minutes ago
Ameclod: Okay that's it. I'm coming in a half hour.

Shit. I need to leave. I don't want to see her or any other people now. I want to be alone. Just me and no other. Why should it be that difficult? It was always like that. Nothing will change. I was so stupid to believe that something actually changed.

Tears were in the corner of my eyes. No! Don't cry about being alone! I changed my clothes, grabbed my keys and left the house. I was running. I don't know why or where. Just running away from everyone. I don't need that, I don't need them. After a few minutes, I was by Lapis's house. What am I doing here? Why am I here? Lapis was looking out of the window. Her eyes were red and puffy. Probably from crying. She didn't seem to notice me until I stepped away from her. Our eyes met. She widened her mouth and gazed at me. I widened my eyes, sweating so hard right now. Lapis ran to the door. No! Damnit! I need to go. I heard keys open the door. I couldn't run away. Why I'm not moving? The blue girl came outside, looking at me. We were standing across eachother. That's awkward... After a few minutes she made a step forward to me. "Peri...". She sobbed, her face was covered with tears.
"Oh no no no no no! I-I'm leaving it's okay." I started to run away from her.
"W-wait! Please...". She tried to catch up with me. Eventually she did it. Lapis was running in front of me now. Suddenly she stopped. "WAIT!" I bumped into her. "Uaaagh." We fell to the ground, me being on top. Lapis smiled at me sadly. My face started to heat up. "Why did you run away from me?" She asked me, putting her hands on my neck. I gulped and while I was trying to stand up. The taller one tightened her grip. Damnit. "I-its about yesterday..." Lapis looked away. "About that...

Flashback (YAS!)
Lapis's POV
"Lapis?" That voice...Peridot! She knocked at the door. I stayed silent. "Lapis, I know you are in there. Open the door for me, will ya?" Please...just...go...
"What's wrong with you? Why are you so mad?" Peri tried again. Silent.
"Ugh. Don't make me break that damn door. Come on, tell me your problem."
I sighed heavily while I was opening the door. Peridot stared at me, blankly. She cleared her throat. "I...um...". I bit my teeth together. I can't hide my feelings anymore.
Peridot opened her mouth. "Look, I don't know why you got so mad but, Emerald is not my girlfriend okay? She was my ex-bestfriend. I told you about her remember?" I nodded slowly.
I'm so glad...but...
"Peri, do...you...love someone?" She started blush, looking away from me. "Why...are you asking me this a question like this?" I grabbed her chin with my hand. "Answer me."
Peridot started to shake.
"I-I...I'm..."
I raised an eyebrow. "You...?"
"I'm...I...I LOVE YOU!"
I flinched at her sudden outburst, with a blushing face.
She loves me? Is it true? Does she really mean it? "Peridot are you serious?" She nodded. "Peridot."
I blushed harder, smiling at her.
The smaller one gave me a surprised look. I smirked and made a step forward. Peri tried to step away but I grabbed her hand to drew her closer to me. Our faces were a few inches away from each other. I leaned forward, closing my eyes. Suddenly I felt a hand on my mouth. Peridot looked at me horrified, tears were in her eyes.
"Are you doing this out of pity?" What!? Why does she think that? "Why do you think that?"
She looked at the ground, her hand balled to a fist.
"I'm so awful, a creep, a nerd. I'm laying all day at home, doing nothing and don't give a fuck about anyone. Everyone hates me.
I don't deserve you."
I wanted to hug her, kiss her at that moment but suddenly, we heard noises coming from outside the doors.
"I'm pretty sure that they're here!" Someone said from the outside. "Okay then open the door!" Shit. Peridot opened the door, smiling nervously.
I followed her. Amethyst, Garnet and Steven were standing outside. We all looked at each other, without saying something. "So um what's up with you guys?" Amethyst tried to break the silence. I gulped. Oh please don't tell her! "I-it's nothing." The smaller one finally said something.
Thanks goodness. Peridot looked at me. I looked away. I messed it up.

Present
Peridot's POV
"I'm sorry about yesterday." Lapis said. "No! I'm sorry. I just couldn't believe you that you're in love with me..."
Lapis giggled softly. Goddamnit that cute giggle! She loosened her grip so that we could stand up. We walked back together. She was staring at me.
We reached her house. "So um I'm going home." Lapis took my hand. "Stay?" She asked me with puppy eyes.
I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL FUCK YOU SOMEDAY IF YOU WON'T STOP TO BE SO CUTE.
"Okay." We went inside. Lapis leaded me to her room. "Your living alone?" I asked her. She nodded. "Because my parents are shitty dumbasses." Lapis squeezed my hand. Ouch.
"I'll tell you some things about my past. If you want me to." I hesitated.
"You sure? You don't need to tell me if you don't want to." Lapis shook her head. "It's fine." We sat on her bed. It was silence. So does she love me? Should I ask her? But that would be awkward. "Lapis?" I looked at her. She looked back. "Yeah?" I gulped.
"Do you love me?" She started to blush. "Y-yes I do. I really do." Why can't I believe her? "I have a question now. Why do you love me?" The blue girl smirked. "Are you kidding me!? Who doesn't love you!?
I mean you're so beautiful, kind, cute, cool, hot. You're awesome! You are so nice to me. You started a friendship with me. Of course I'll fall in love with you!"
She blushed even more. "T-thanks..."
Lapis looked away. "I-I don't know why I exactly love you. You're so cute and funny! I think you're a wonderful person. Don't listen to other people's opinion. Your beautiful just the way you are!" The taller girl looked at me again. "W-wow...t-thanks." We were both as red as tomatoes now. Lapis looked at my lips. She leaned closer. I did the same. Our lips touched. It felt like a wonderful firework. She broke the kiss after a few seconds.
"I waited for this moment for a long time~" She hugged me. I-it actually happend. I, Peridot Engine felt in love with someone with the same feelings.
"Thank you for loving me, Lapis Lazuli." I started to cry. She patted my back. "Nerd."

Damn I should do my school stuff.
Yeah anyways, here are a few Informations about the story.
1. I wanted them to kiss in school but that wouldn't be so dramatically. Nyehehehe.
2. The next chapter is about Lapis's  and Peridot's past but mostly Lapis's.
3. I don't have much time so I don't know when I can work on the next chapter.

Have a good day!

~Jenny