7# closer

Lapis's POV
"Lapis, leave me alone..." Peridot groaned. Something is wrong. "Peri please open that door." I started to cry. Something is definitively wrong. "Lapis not now." I heard how she stepped away. "Peri please. I'm just worried about you." The blond girl sobbed harder. "Why do you care?" Because I love you. "Because you're my best friend. Friends care about each other. You know? Back then when I first met you, you seemed to be alone. I wanted to be your friend. I can't trust new people but it seemed to be so easy with you. You're one of the best things that happend to me. You saved me from Jasper, you always try to cheer me up and you care about me. So please don't shut me out. We can make this, together."
I heard keys. Than I heard a click. Peridot hugged me with one arm. Wait why is she using just one arm? Don't tell me...
I dissolved our embrace. "Show me your arm." Peridot gulped. She showed me her right arm. There some old cuts...
"Now the left." Peridot hide her arm behind her back. I sighed and took it. She looked away. Holy shit they are really deep...
Peridot started to cry again. "Why are you doing this?" I asked her softly. "Lapis I'm tired of this. I can't do this anymore. I wanna die." I hugged her again. Tears were streaming down my face. "Peridot I know how you feel. I feel like this too. I'll tell you, I'll tell you why you shouldn't kill yourself. I'll tell why you're a wonderful person. I'll tell you again and again why I care about you. I'll tell you everything about me if you want me to. Beare with me, okay?" She nodded with a blush. Why is she blushing? I started to blush too. No that's not possible...
"Thank you Lapis." Peridot smiled sadly at me. "We're not done yet. Let's get some bandages for you." We walked to her bathroom. Blood was on the ground with a blazer. I looked a bit angry at her. The smaller one sighed. I put the blazer in my pocket and searched some medicine stuff. I found a first aid kit. We went downstairs to her living room. "Sit." I pointed to a chair. I took some disinfectant and bandages. "It might hurt." I said blankly. Peridot jerked in pain. After I was done with it, I wrapped her arm with bandages. "You don't have to do this...". Peri looked sadly at me. I shook my head. "I want to." We both stayed silent for a moment. Peridot started to stare at me. "Lapis I need to tell you something." I looked at her. Our faces were a few inches away from each other. "Yeah?" I waited for her answer. She gulped. "I-I think I like y-
Her phone rang. "Stupid Clods." She took it and looked at the name. "Be right back." She left me alone in the living room. I realized what happend. My face heated up. We almost kissed...
"I'm back hehe..." Peridot smiled nervously at me. "You wanted to say something?" I stood up from the couch and went to her direction. I was now standing in front of her. That's funny because Peridot is smaller than me. "How tall are you?" I couldn't help but giggling about her. "5'2..." I shook my head. "Sorry. Tell me what you wanted to say." She took a deep breath. "What I wanted to say is that...that...that I am gay..." I smiled widely. I HAVE A CHANCE! "Yeah and my ex-bestfriend confessed her feelings to me. I had a crush on her." My smile disappeared. "D-do you still love her?" I asked her nervously. "Not really...". Silent.
I REALLY HAVE CHANCE! "You know back then, two years ago, we were bestfriends. She was here for me. Saved me from bullies, helped me with my depressions, cared about me...". She started to cry. I wiped her tears away. "What happened next?" I asked her, while I was holding her hand. "I felt in love with her. She was my only friend. I'm not really good in making friends so it was something special for me. I decided to tell her how I feel. She laughed at me and said I was disgusting and horrible. She said that my mother should abuse me more often." Peridot cried in my chest. I petted her head. "Your mother is abusive?" I asked carefully. "Y-yeah. When my father died, she changed to a completely different person. Always said that I was useless. Once she told me that I should had die instead of him." Tears were in the corner of my eyes. I had no idea what she was going trough. "Don't worry Peri. You're not useless or disgusting. We both love girls and that's completely normal. No one says what's good or bad for you. Listen to your heart. Do you promise me to do it?" Peridot looked away. "If you say so then I'll tell you something. Lapis Lazuli I really l-"
"YO PERIDOT ARE YOU HOME?" Someone shouted from the outside. GODDAMNIT. "Y-yeah? Who's that?" She opened the door. Amethyst was standing in front of us. She had some bags. "We need to go get some snacks and clothes for the party." I looked at her confused. I just came from the mall. "Ugh Laz you left me. I can't do everything alone. Why did you run away anyways? You were talking to someone on the phone." Oh no. "She...ran away because...of a call?" Peridot asked. I started to blush. "Yeah she was crazy. She grabbed the car keys and ran outside. You should have seen her face!" Amethyst started to laugh. Peridot giggled. My blush creeped to my shoulders. "And you know what she sai-"
"AMETHYST SHUT UP."

I'll be busy. I don't know when I have time for the next chapter.
See ya!
~Jenny