Epilogue

The tall, well-dressed being, strode through the corridors of the underground network, with guards flanking either side. He never understood as to why the humans chose to build such suffocating underground tunnels.

They reached a heavily guarded door. The guard stepped aside and the metal door slid open after a series of unlocking. He stepped inside the empty room with only a single individuals hanging from the thick illuminated crystal chains.

His face broke into a smile. The captives head was downcast, still unconscious. He walked towards her and lifted her chin.

"Oh, the trouble you have caused us," he said in a language unknown to humans.

The girl's face was contorted in pain, yet he could see a determined look on her face despite it. He despised that look.

"You will not win, my dear. Determination can only get you so far," he murmured.

He dropped her head and turned to the guards.

"Guard her with your lives, but do not hurt her. I want her well and alive for the experiments," he ordered, then left the room. He heard the heavy metal door seal shut.

Their final piece had landed right in their arms. Be it luck or fate, he was not going to let this opportunity slide. With the humans only hope in their hands, their victory was guaranteed.

However, he was aware, this human had capabilities they were warned to fear. By no means did he underestimate her.

Yet one girl would not be enough to stop them. That, he was sure.

Humanity will return under control of their benefactors. Nothing would stand in their way.