[Chapter 1: Alive]

I did not know where I was, but the air felt warm and fresh. A slight breeze brushed against my skin, it cooled my open wounds. Though painful, I took a deep breath, and felt rejuvenated almost immediately. It was as if the atmosphere itself was healing me.

Where am I?

The questions finally rose to the surface of my mind.

What happened?
How am I alive?
Wait... am I alive?

It was a stupid question to ask myself. But you never know. Heaven could be much like this.

A stinging pain at my torso lurched me out of my reverie.

No, not dead.

I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was filled with rustling branches, sunlight peeking through its leaves. The scent of wet grass filled my nostrils. I slowly rose from my lying position.

My head was throbbing loudly, I clutched it to reduce the pain. I took another deep breath of the crisp air, and felt the pain subside. I got a good look at my surroundings.

I was surrounded by a thin forest. It was pristine and green, the trees seemed almost graceful. It had that beautiful simplicity which was ultimately refreshing. A sight for sore eyes after the catastrophe I just experienced.

I gasped, as the situation suddenly replayed in my head.

I fell into a warp, after deactivating an advanced human manipulating device. But then, I closed the rip in space time somehow. And then... I died?

I shook my head. It was clear that I was transported somewhere. The warp was not a blackhole, but a wormhole instead.

I glanced at my body. My suit was ripped at various places, revealing wounds, that were slowly, and horrifyingly healing.

I started to wonder if I was modified to be immortal or something. I mean how could one survive getting thrown into a wormhole, with no protection whatsoever.

I turned to my right and widened my eyes as I saw Axel sprawled on the ground beside me. He looked lifeless.

I struggled over to my dying friend. His body was battered even worse than mine. Blood flowed continuously from a large wound at the back of his neck. I flinched at the sight. Mostly because I was the one that caused that damage.

It was a long devastating story, I did not want to relive at the moment. Right now, what was important was to get him some medical attention.

I checked his pulse and breathing. It was slow, terribly slow. He did not have much time. I looked around. It did not seem like anyone would be wandering about in a forest, but I had to try nonetheless. Screaming for help would be pointless, I knew better.

I focused my thoughts and accessed the Akashic, an astral plane of thoughts that connected every single living thing with a subconscious on this planet. Amazingly, it worked almost seamlessly. The blue strings of light-a sort of physical form of thoughts-formed their never-ending cage around me. I concentrated on my purpose to contact someone that would help me.

A thin blue string flew into my grasp. I gripped it tightly and hoped my message would be relayed. I waited for a few nerve-wracking moments.

"Jlaka! Mon pyusrta!" I heard a voice exclaim from a distance.

I released myself from the Akashic, and turned to see a woman dressed in linen white toga-like dress, run towards me. Once she came close enough, I could see a beautiful black design form a band on her forehead, similar ones were noticeable around her arms.

She came towards us, and stifled a gasp,"Deubl hruyin?"

I looked at her confused. I could not understand her language. But I guessed she thought I was in shock, which was why she did not wait for my response.

She immediately outstretched her arms to the sides, and I saw two thin blue Akashic strings that appeared out of nowhere fly into her hands. She tugged on them and then, released them. After doing so, the strings just disappeared from view.

I looked at her flabbergasted. Did this woman just access the Akashic? From what I knew, only a handful of people had the ability to do so.

The woman knelt down and examined Axel, then shook her head,"Fryel gydd hewidn coshsnrl," she said to me.

I still did not understand her. It was getting frustrating. Suddenly, two blue strings appeared again, out of nowhere and coiled around my wrists, I felt a shot of information flow into me. Then the strings disappeared.

What the hell is wrong with the Akashic here? It seemed to flow too easily and coexist with reality. Somehow, as if it had a mind on its own. Usually, the Akashic could only be accessed by reaching a specific level of subconscious, which was definitely hard to achieve.

"Fret not, help is on the way," I heard the woman say.

I gasped, then stared at her in shock. She spoke in her language, but I understood it. I glanced at my wrists. The Akashic must have done something about this.

My head started to throb once again, trying to make sense of the situation. From a distance, a few people were rushing towards us. I was beginning to lose focus all of a sudden. My exhaustion was slowly crawling back into my bones.

"Please hold on child," the woman said, as I began swaying from consciousness.

The last I saw was the group of people lifting Axel up onto a stretcher sort of of device. A few people gripped me as well, but soon enough the world faded into black.