5- plane

Kirstin stared at the floor. Scott gently led her to the couch.

"How.... How many are there? Of... us?" She asked, a tear rolling down her cheek, washing away parts of her makeup.

Kevin sighed. "Just the three of us."

She breathed slowly, deeply. Scott and Kevin could both tell she was taking the news hard.
Tears started to roll down her face faster. She let out a sob.

Scott quickly sat next to her and hugged her. She sobbed violently into his chest. He held her tightly.

"I know." Scott whispered, "Just let it all out. It's gonna be okay."

Scott glances at Kevin. He saw the sympathy in his eyes. Kevin was alone when he learned his fate. At least Scott and Kirstin weren't.

Kirstin's whole body shook as she let out all of the emotions. Suddenly Scott felt tears of his own streaming down his face. He hadn't cried when he found out; he let it go now. Kevin sat on the other side of Scott and wrapped his arms around both of them.

And there they sat, not really realizing the passage of time. They knew that they had all the time in the world.

Two days later; or, that day, the three of them eventually got more used to each other. Scott learned new facts about Kirstin; she's single, straight, a singer, has two dogs, and is 26 (year younger than Scott, and 4 years younger than Kevin.) They all grew close. The moment they woke up in the morning, they'd all go to Kevin's house. He left the door unlocked, since nobody tried to get into his house, and they'd keep that same mindset all day, every day. They would just come in.

Three weeks after that, they decided to move in together. Since Kirstin has dogs, they decided to live at her house because they couldn't change where he dogs were; if they moved into Kevin's, they'd be back at her house the next day. (They tried.)

They didn't meet anyone else, and it stayed that way for a while. The three of them were extremely close, and joked around all the time. Scirstevin, they nicknamed themselves.

Kirstin still found their situation scary, and they tried to ignore the fact as to not upset her. She was a really cute, happy person and they never wanted to change that.

One day, they were all piled into Scott's car, on the way to the airport. It was early in the morning, so that the plane would land before the day was over. If the plane was still in the air by midnight, then everything but the three of them would reset. They weren't sure what would happen to them if that happened.

They got into the airport, got on their plane (headed to Japan) and sat all three next to each other. The plane was configured so that there were five seats next to each other, an aisle, and then another five seats. Kevin sat by the window, then Kirstin, then Scott.

Next to Scott was a dark haired, pale skinned thin man. He had a small mullet, and was jamming out to the song playing in his headphones. The song in his headphones were playing just loud enough for Scott to hear. It was a electronic type song, with lyrics in a language he didn't know. The man on the other side of him was eating a little bag of candy and listening to a song Scott couldn't hear. He was dark skinned, with short hair and a big grin on his face.

Scott could tell they knew each other. Occasionally the one farther from Scott would whisper something in the one next to Scott's ear, and laughed. The one next to Scott smiled, but didn't laugh.

Suddenly, just as Scott was in the middle of Mufasa's death scene in "The Lion King," nearly in tears, the guy next to him tapped him on the shoulder.

Scott turned and looked. A flight attendant was waiting for his drink order.

He cleared his throat, as he was pretty much on the verge of tears. "Can I just have water?" He asked.
She nodded. "Ice?" She asked. He shook his head.

As she poured it into the cup, Scott glanced at the tray of the man next to him. He had the exact same thing, plus three more bottles of water. The man smiled at Scott.

"Big fan of water?" Scott joked. The man nodded.

"I have to keep my vocal cords in top condition." He said, in a surprisingly high voice.

"You a singer?" Scott asked. The man nodded. "Same." Scott replies.

He offered a hand. "I'm Scott."

The man took his hand. The man's hand was soft, and had bats tattooed on it. "Mitch."

They both settled back and kept on watching "The Lion King"/Listening to another techno song, this time in what Scott recognized as Japanese.

The screen on the plane was the type that had a messaging program. He was he had a new notification from the seat to his left. Kirstin.

23B: Heyo Scotty the boy next to u is cute u should go for it + he's obvi gay and you're obvi into him

23C: no kirstin I can't date anyone remember they aren't like us

23B: ugh I hate our predicament

23C: saaaaame But tbh I would date him he's cute

23B: haha Scotty has a cruuuuush

Scott turned to look at her. She grinned at him and giggled. Kevin looked at them with a look of 'I don't get them and I just want to watch this weird depressing movie that you only find on airplanes.'

Scott turned back away from her and saw Mitch reading the messages on his screen! He immediately turned red. Mitch was smiling. Grinning, actually.

Mitch turned to the man next to him and whispered something in his ear. Scott was immediately filled with worry. What if that's his boyfriend and he's gonna beat me up? What if they're laughing at me? What if he's straight? What if..

"Hey Scott..." Mitch interrupted his train of rampant thought. "Do you just so happen to repeat this day? Over and over?"

Scott's jaw dropped. "Y-you-you-"
He turned to Kirstin and Kevin.
"The people next to me are like us I can't believe it oh my god what's happening is this good what if they're mean!" Kirstin and Kevin's jaws dropped in an oddly synchronized manner.

Scott turned back to Mitch. "Yes."