Chapter 20

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Jacob P.O.V.

I sat in the chair by the window just watching Traci sleep.

I couldn't sleep last night. I just couldn't get comfortable let alone get all the racing thoughts in my head to stop.

I didn't know what had my anxiety in overdrive right now. It didn't happen until Traci left me in this hotel room alone for that hour when she went back to her condo.

I was worried I wouldn't be able to even get on the plane here. I haven't been on a plane since I had that flight back to Texas after being discharged from the military.

I haven't been away from home since I moved back. Being in New York should have been something I was excited about but I was just feeling so anxious.

I didn't know if that was due to never being away from Texas since accepting that I suffer from PTSD and everything. Or was I just feeling out of place. I mean this is Traci's city with a life she built with another man.

Did I really want to be in their city?

I heard a phone beep and I got up.

My phone was sitting by Traci's on the nightstand.

I went to see if it was my phone.

When I walked over to the nightstand it was Traci's phone that was lit up.

She had a new text message from Beck.

It said.

I'm not selling our condo. Come home and talk to me like a grown woman. I know you can forgive me. That kiss last night proved that you still love me. I'll be at home all day so come by whenever you want. I know we can work this out baby.

Traci kissed him!

I put her phone back down and felt my heart begin to race.

I can't do this!

I can't trust us to work with her living here and me living in Texas.

If she's close to this guy she'll fall back into his arms.

I mean she was gone for an hour and seemed to forget all about me.

Was she still in love with that guy even though she said she was done with him?

I mean she broke up with me and I still was in love with her all this time.

When you love someone those feelings don't just die.

Especially when you don't want them to.

Coming here was a mistake.

Jumping back into a relationship with Traci was a mistake.

I was kidding myself to think she could still seriously want a guy like me.

I mean she dumped me for a reason right?

I wasn't want she wanted anymore. I wasn't good enough.

I couldn't compete with her lawyer ex fiancé, fiancé, or whatever he is currently to her.

I got up and started getting dressed.

Maybe I could get a flight back to Texas by this afternoon.

I got dressed and grabbed my phone.

I started looking up flights.

As I looked for flights I saw Traci stirring in bed. She opened her eyes and smiled at me from across the room.