Chapter One: Collin's life

Collin Pierce had quite an interesting life. When he was 6 years old he had gotten lost during a thunderstorm. Trees around him went ablaze, though he had been safely returned to his home. There had been many other instances since then, Collin had chosen to ignore them just as he ignored most friends at school and the people around him.

Collin lives in a small neighbourhood on Staten Island. He lived with his parents and his cat whiskers. Collin loved his cat very much but despised the stereotypical cat name his father had given him, so Collin called his cat Wilbur instead.

Collin didn't have a lot of friends growing up, he was a little socially awkward but not because of some disorder. People are just mean which made Collin scared to talk to anyone. Only one person wanted to be Collin's friend, and his name was Alex. Alex and Collin were great friends, they never really fought and they looked like brothers, they both had jade green eyes and brown hair, although Alex's hair was very curly and dark where Collin's was a little wavy but lighter. Once when they were in the sixth grade they hid in the science lab until the custodians left and decided to seek revenge on a bully whom had previously crammed the two of them in the same locker and locked it, the worst part was he used a lighter to melt the keyhole on the back as well as the combination part so it could not be opened. So to get their revenge on him, Collin and Alex mixed some random substances and chemicals together and switched the bottle with their concoction with the shampoo the bully used in the shower room. They thought it would work perfectly but this mixture the boys had created, actually caused the bully's hair to fallout! Luckily Collin and Alex didn't get caught.

Collin's mother, Helen had always been one of Collin's favourite people. Helen was always supporting her son and husband, even if it wasn't for something very good. Collin's father, Joseph was a loving and eccentric man. Joe was working on a very strange car. It was part Dodge, part Chevrolet, a couple of pieces were Toyota, a Volkswagen steering wheel and four different doors, one of which was a butterfly door. 

Collin appreciated everything that he had. He thought his life was perfect but still, a part of him felt as though something was missing. Collin chose to think nothing of it and instead thought about all of what he had instead of wanting something more.

One of Collin's favourite things to do was to ride the Staten Island ferry with Alex. They didn't even get off on the other side, the two of them stay on and run around the ships many floors and eat lunch there. Sometimes they would wake up early and get on the ferry and get off around dinner time. Collin couldn't imagine his life anywhere but Staten Island just the way it was, with his parents, his cat, Alex and his home. Everything he had he would never let go of and he wouldn't know what to do without it. This is the beginning of the story of a thirteen year old boy named Collin Pierce who was about to have his life changed.