(20) new york, new york

Start from the beginning

But I would be strong tomorrow, because I was exhausted. After a full day of school I had left to go to the airport, then from the airport we flew for nine hours until I landed at JFK. Then the drive from JFK to here took about an hour due to the traffic. I had left Switzerland at six in the evening, and arrived in New York at about nine at night. It was currently almost eleven at night and in Neuchâtel time, five in the morning. This bitch needed her sleep.

With sluggish steps, I begrudgingly made my way to my bathroom and began washing my face. I mentally praised the cleaning staff for coming in because god knows what would've been awaiting me if they hadn't come. After almost passing out while brushing my teeth, I pulled on a large tee shirt, discarded my pants, and snuggled into my bed. Almost immediately, I was in dream land.

Most people say that dreams are formatted to reflect the previous days thoughts

Most people say that dreams are formatted to reflect the previous days thoughts. So let's say hypothetically, if you were thinking a lot about a boy, he would ambiguously appear in your dream that night. And hypothetically speaking, he could play a romantic interest in that dream, even though you don't see him romantically. Hypothetically that is.

My dreams were always a little odd. Like during the dream, it seemed completely normal that I was getting married to someone who's face I didn't recognize while I was only sixteen. It was completely normal that my maid of honor was Nico Caldwell, and it was even more normal that Clark Ellington had appeared at the end of the dream five seconds before my alarm went off. Scary right?

Waking up from that dream to the bright light streaming into my room, I felt weird. Kind of awkward, kind of confused, and a little bit concerned for my mental health. I mean, why is my subconscious thinking about this shit?

But as the minutes passed by, my memory of the dream got foggier and foggier, until I could barely remember what was happening in the dream. I didn't really dwell on it, it wasn't important. Weird dreams were normal for me, especially if I was jet lagged.

I stayed in bed for an extra thirty minutes, just scrolling through my phone. I was in the midst of texting one of my distant friends, when I realized that I had to get ready for brunch with my father. If I was late, he would have my head and put it in one of the science labs at one of his facilities. Just kidding.

After doing the whole shebang of cleaning myself, I began to do my makeup. As I was blending concealer under my eyes, my phone began to ring.

Please don't be dad, please don't be dad, please don- Oh thank god. I answered the FaceTime call to see Dakota and Nico grinning at the camera.

"Happy Saturday!" Kota sang.

"How's the big city treating you?" Nico yelled over Kota's speech about how much he loved the weekend.

I shrugged, continuing on with applying my makeup. "I wouldn't know, I haven't stepped out yet." I took out a brush, "But I'll for sure let you know how bad it is."