Chapter 36: Allies

Once I saw Damon and Derek calm I figured the talk wasn't going to be too bad. I walked inside and looked at Damon for reassurance.

"Luna, Damon told us you know about the deal. The deal doesn't matter anymore since innocent people are now dying. The main fact at hand is that we need to stop the alpha pack, and we need all the help we can get.", said Derek making me wonder if he still cared about me at all.

"Then why did you call me here? It's not like you need me.", I said raising an eyebrow.

"Yes we do. Your witch powers can help us track the alphas and help us stop them.", said Cora speaking for her brother.

"Well Derek's an alpha and your a werewolf can't you just use your sense of smell to find them?", I asked.

"Yes but we need all the help we can get. Luna can I talk to you alone, please?", asked Derek with a soft tone.

"Sure.", I said.

I followed him upstairs which I had never been to before. I saw a couch which he sat on and beckoned for me to sit on. I did and he took a deep breath and looked at me before talking.

"Luna, I'm so sorry for the way I have been acting. I had to push you away because of the deal and so I was cruel and catalyst. Now that you already know about the deal I figured I can stop acting like a jerk and just be normal again. I won't make any moves on you since you're obviously happy with Damon, but if you ever need me for anything I'm here. I still love you Luna but you are truly happy with Damon and I don't want to mess that up. I just want to see you happy."

He looked at me with his green eyes and I melted. I was in love with both of them but I didn't know which one I was more in love with. I don't know what to do.

"Derek, I am happy with Damon I truly am. I just, I don't know. I still have feelings for you but I was just so hurt after everything you did meanwhile you were a jerk and I don't know how to feel. It was like you were too good at being a jerk I guess I'm afraid that one day you're going to realize I'm not worth it and be a jerk again.", I said fiddling with my fingers not wanting to see his facial expressions.

"It's okay, I understand.", he said and got up off the couch.

"Whatever makes you happy Luna. I will always support you."

With that he went downstairs and I heard the door open and then shut. I figured he probably went out for some air or something.

When I went downstairs I saw Cora and Damon both staring at me with very different expressions, I knew they heard what Derek had said.

"Luna. My brother truly loves you and meant what he said.", said Cora with a expression that I couldn't really describe. It was maybe care with a hint of worry? I don't know but I knew what she said about her brother was sincere.

"Yeah let's just talk about the important stuff, like maybe the alpha pack would be something to talk about.", said Damon wanting to change the subject.

"Everyone's coming over later to discuss a plan. You guys can stay if you would like.", said Cora mainly looking at me when she said it.

"That sounds great! Maybe we'll get to help.", I said smiling at Cora hoping she doesn't hate me.

"The more the better. Just make sure your friend doesn't cause too much trouble.", said Cora glaring at Damon.

"I will, you can count on me.", I said trying to lighten up the mood.

The next few hours before everyone else got here consisted of Cora and I talking with Damon shooting her glares or vice versa.

Peter and Derek got to the loft first followed by Boyd. Just seeing Derek made my heart skip, which everyone probably heard. Nobody pointed it out but they all stared as if I was a freak of nature.