Chapter 19: The Summer Derek's POV

I thought about her the whole summer. I know I said I wouldn't but it was too hard, she was always in my dreams. She made me feel whole.

With everything going on I couldn't think about her, but I did. I needed an excuse to see her again with her smile, her eyes, everything. Since she was a witch maybe she could help me track the alpha pack. Good idea, you'll see her again for sure.

I decided to text her.

Me: Hey Luna I don't know where you're at but if you could please come back, I need your help.

It wasn't lying exactly, I did need her help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She never text me back. Was she coming? Did she not want to see me? Maybe she had a normal life and I was interrupting it.

"Derek!", somebody said and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What?!", I growled back.

"Are you paying attention? We can't wait forever for Luna.", said Isaac.

I knew he had a point but I would wait forever for Luna if that meant I would see her again.

"She's coming give her some time. We don't know where she is."

"Derek, I know you like her but we can't risk lives for a hunch."

"She's coming.", I snapped.

He just gave me a look knowing I didn't want to argue anymore. I left for time to myself.

I went out for a walk in the woods, where I first met her. I smelled her, or was it my imagination? No, it was a faint scent of her and something gross. A vampire.

I stood my ground looking around for any sign of a vampire. The scent was fresh. Great a vampire that's all I need.

Then something slammed into me and I fell to the ground. It was on top of me hitting my face and I turned and threw it off. It was the vampire.

"Hello dog. I'm Damon Salvatore."

That name sounded so familiar...

"Luna's friend?"

"Ahh I see you know Luna, yes Luna's friend. Who are you?"

"Derek Hale."

"Lover boy huh? She did talk about you."

She talked about me? To him?

"Where is she?", I asked curious.

"She's sleeping at our apartment. I'm staying here for a bit."

"Can I see her?"

"Ummm no. She's sleeping. I thought with your werewolf senses you'd be able to hear she's sleeping. She's had a long drive. All the way from Mystic Falls, Virginia to see you.", he said you with disgust.

Rage builded up inside me. Who did he think he was? I'm going to see her whether he likes it or not.

"Okay fine. I got to go." I ran off and followed her scent.

"Okay bye dog!", he yelled at me but I ignored him determined to find Luna and see her again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her scent led to Beacon Hills apartment complex. I saw her car and knew she was here. I went inside and followed her scent. I knocked lightly on the door where her scent was most pungent.

With my werewolf hearing I heard her get up and walk over to the door.

She opened it and said,"Derek?"

Her eyes full of shock.

"Yeah it's me babe."