Chapter 32: Unwanted Guests Derek's POV

When I got home from the school I fell asleep on the couch. I was exhausted. I didn't sleep for very long before I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

I groaned as I got up and went to answer the door. I was shocked by who I saw.

"Luna? What are you doing here?", I asked with my voice full of concern. Her eyes were red and puffy as if she had been crying.

"I just needed to talk to some- Oh my gosh Derek are you okay?!", she asked worriedly looking me up and down.

I was a little confused at first but then I looked at myself and saw that my shirt was torn and bloody.

If my shirt looks this bad, imagine how bad my face is.

"Oh yeah it's nothing really.", I said hoping she would want to change the subject. I knew she wouldn't.

"What happened?! Is everyone else okay?!", asked Luna starting to freak out. She ran her hand through her hair and looked at the ground lost in thought.

"Luna, everyone's okay. I'm the only one that got hurt this bad. After the bank incident we trapped Boyd and Cora at the school and, to distract them, I fought them."

"Distract them from what?", she asked. That was the one question I didn't want her, of all people, to ask.

"A teacher who was in the boiler room. She's okay too."

"A teacher at school that late? That's odd."

"Yeah well maybe she didn't want to go home or maybe she had a lot of work to do."

Was I really making excuses for some woman I didn't even know?

"Oh, maybe your right. Just be careful, okay? It sounds a little weird."

"Will do.", I said.

"I should go check on Stiles.", said Luna before she turned around and left, pretty quickly I might add.

I closed the door after her wondering what she was going to tell me when she first got here. Instead of dwelling on it I took a shower to clean myself off since I was bloody.

After my shower I decided to go and check on the teacher.

Do I have a thing for her? No I don't, I barely know her. I just want to see if she's okay. It's not everyday you see a werewolf fight in a boiler room.

I got to Beacon Hills High before school actually started. I followed the teacher's scent until I saw her walking in the hallway. I quietly followed her but I accidentally slammed the school entrance door which made a loud banging that cause her to look back. When she did I hid behind some lockers until she turned her head back. She walked faster to her classroom and when she did I quickened my pace also. As soon as she opened the door to her classroom I used my werewolf speed to get inside the classroom before she closed the door.

When she got inside she breathed a sigh of relief and leaned her head against the door. After she turned her head back and saw me she jumped and screamed. Her eyes quickly scanned around the room for a weapon but the only thing she was able to find was a long, skinny, stick made of wood.

"What do you want? Are you here to threaten me? Tell me that no one's going to believe me? Try to scare me? Kill me?", she asked that last question more quietly afraid of the answer I was going to give her.

"I was going to see if you were okay.", I replied back slowly inching more toward her.

After taking a breath she asked,"Physically or emotionally?"