E n v y

Chapter 18: Envy

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

[ Unknown ] : Hi... This might be a little awkward, but my name's Do Kyungsoo.

[ Unknown ] : We're in the same poli-sci class.

[ Unknown ] : Would it be possible to meet up?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

His days were, if anything, blander than it was before. Being completely faithful to his fiancé as the man began quietly working on his own political career wasn't as entertaining to Baekhyun as making others chase after him. Maybe it was the man who was boring, but he knew that it wasn't the case. The reality was, he was simply unhappy.

Remaining "friends" with Chanyeol was easier said than initially done, but Baekhyun could only laugh bitterly at the thought of them being just friends. Neither of them believed that their relationship had any resemblance to that of traditional friendships. Simply put, Baekhyun saw them as more than just the word, whereas Chanyeol was, clearly, trying his damn to forget his mere existence.

Baekhyun assumed the longing and interest in having a so-called "friendship" wasn't mutual, yet tried to not let the notion distract him too much from his usual school affairs.

Trying to get Chanyeol out of his mind, Baekhyun shifted his focus back on the papers in front of him. Drafts upon drafts of grant proposals that still needed to be sent to the University's financial office and he was falling behind.

He yawned at the thought of how absolutely contrived his life had gotten within a matter of a few months. There he was, stuck in an empty conference room, reviewing documents rather than being somewhere off chasing a new game or crawling back to the one game that he thought would never end. 

Changes were hard to adjust to... Nonetheless, Baekhyun forced himself to adapt. The act had become second nature.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

a/n: short update because I got an idea and it involves Chanyeol getting sucked in the locker room by (insert mysterious man) but I need to map out how to get there ( ˙꒳​˙ ) 

PS: i am currently working on attwy. sorry, university is a bum. so is seasonal depression with all this rain and dark-before-4pm shit,  but anyways <3 

LEAVE ME A COMMENT I AM A LONELY PIE :( Ask me something about USED!ChanKaiBaekSoo or smthn heheh