Chapter Five

Downstairs

Zhangjing was in the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast, with Nongnong

Zhangjing was in the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast, with Nongnong. The younger ones Xiao gui, Chengcheng and Justin were already at the table eating their first plate of pancakes. Both Chengcheng and Xiao gui wore their grey uniform except for Justin who will receive his at school. Nongnong and Zhangjing joined them later after they had made enough pancakes to share around. The three young adults came down from the stairs , all dressed in clothes as Yanjun wore a denim jacket over his white hoodie. He went to the fridge first before even sitting down to eat. Yanjun opened the fridge the cold temperature cooling his face as he looked for a particular bread wrapped in clear white floral decorated wrapping. "Where's my bread!?" Yanjun roared and everyone stopped eating to see what cause Yanjun to get pissed off.

Fan Chengcheng looked around at anything just not Yanjun's death stare. "Ehehe I'm going to be late for school!" he excused and quickly dashed out the kitchen with Yanjun chasing behind who yelled "You ate it, didn't you!" and with that the two left the house.

"You guys should hurry too, Ziyi left early this morning, Yanjun was carrying his car keys with him and Chengcheng's car is still getting repaired so I won't be able to drop you off. Take the bus" Xukun's announcement caused Xiao gui and Nongnong to gobble up the remaining pancake on their plate, gently placing the dish in the sink before running into their room.

Justin watched their action confused, he shrugged and picked up his last piece of cake only when Zhengting told him he had to start school today. Justin dropped his pancake, he pulled back his chair standing up "On my first day back?!". "Second day actually" Zhengting corrected "I already packed your bag it's on the sofa" he directed and resumed to eating.

Justin wanted to go to his room and change into a better outfit but Nongnong had already dragged him to the door talking really fast "School starts at 8:20, it takes 15 minutes to walk to the bus stop and 15 minutes for the bus to arrive at school depending on how many times it stops or delays. Right now its 7:54 and 23 seconds, now 24... 25... 26..." "Stop counting, hurry!" Xiao gui said impatiently as he stood outside with his skateboard.

A minute after they left Chengcheng comes back. He walks into the kitchen puffing stealing a pancake off Justin's plate. "Where's everyone else?" he asked looking around for the people with the same uniform. "They're running to the bus stop" Zhangjing muttered through his cup of coffee. "Why are they running... oh shit" Chengcheng cursed as he notices none of the cars would be available, as Yanjun hasn't forgiven him yet for stealing his bread.

"Where are you going?" Zhengting asked since Chengcheng was heading to the garage not the front door. "I'm taking my bike out" Chengcheng answered and Zhangjing almost chokes on his coffee, because the last time he saw Chengcheng ride a bike the boy immediately wobbled off it earning a scrape knee and ever since then he hasn't touched it yet.

5 minutes have passed and Yanjun finally comes back with the landlord behind him wearing navy coveralls. Behind the landlord there were other men who wore the same coveralls as him and were carrying cans of paint that seem to be for Zhengting's new room. "What is the landlord doing here?" Xukun asked Yanjun when the painters followed Zhangjing upstairs. "He keeps saying he's not the landlord" Yanjun whispered as the landlord look-a-like walked past them to talk to Zhengting who was watching one of his dramas.