JiKook: Garden

From the very start, I knew there was something off about Park Jimin. Of course, there were many things off about Park Jimin; from his short and thick stature to his slightly higher-pitched voice. He was also very muscular and attractive, but he had small soft hands that you couldn't help but adore, especially when he decorated his chubby fingers with rings. These were all things off about him, but there was still something else that no one noticed about him. But I did.

Jimin had these tattoos that no one really took notice of. From the middle of his sides all the way down to the middle of his thighs were elaborate depictions of large flowers with large leaves that cascaded down his sides beautifully. He had a tattoo of three large roses on his left forearm. He also had flowers all across his collar bones and the upper part of his chest. They were all in color and all so beautiful, and I loved them just as much as he did.

But I never thought they held any true meaning other than the roses, which symbolized fidelity, poise, innocence and love. I knew that; it was common sense at this point in my life - hence why they always sold roses on Valentine's Day. I just thought the tattoos represented Jimin's love for plants, due to the fact that he was studying to become a botanist.

Sure, he got strange looks from people when they saw his arm, but they suited him and was probably one of the many reasons I fell head-over-Timberlands for him.

While Jimin was lively and beautiful and talkative, I was the exact opposite. I was tall and lanky, quiet and reserved, as well as scared of every girl ever. I lived in white shirts and hoodies and my Timberlands, worked out a lot and had absolutely no clue what I was going to do with the rest of my life, hence the reason I took off a year from school.

I had absolutely no clue why someone like Jimin loved me, but he did and I loved him.

-------

"Hyung, I need help with - holy shit." When I entered Jimin's room, I thought I must have accidentally taken drugs or something. The sight in front of me could not be real and I refused to believe it. This was some fairy-tale shit that just could not happen in real life.

Jimin sat on his bed with eyes wider than plates. On the walls behind him, plants climbed the walls and spread across the ceiling. All sorts of flowers bloomed in the soft green grass; in some places moss took over. It was honestly so beautiful, but it was impossible. And when I looked to Jimin, the tattoo across his chest and the rose tattoo on his arm glowed. Literally glowed. His palms faced the ceiling, but quickly closed when he saw me.

We had a staring contest for a minute; Jimin on his bed and me in the doorway, staring with looks of bewilderment on our faces. Finally, Jimin took a shaky breath in. "I-I can explain..." His voice was uneven and nervous, and his fists started to shake. I gave him a light smile, which might have come across as scared to him. Fuck me and my bunny face. "Please do."

He moved to sit on the floor and I sat down across from him as he curled up in a little ball, back resting against his bed. His tattoos stopped glowing, but his plants continued to survive. "Jungkookie, you've probably wondered why I decided to become a botanist, why I lock my door sometimes," he started and I nodded, urging him to continue. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, then exhaled and opened them.

"When I was younger, I was cursed with this power. My parents and I still have no clue how or why I got cursed, but I've had these tattoos ever since. They're a mark of my curse. I've devoted my whole life to wondering how I could do this, so I went into botany to see if any of it could help me, or at least help me accept my curse. I just... Kookie, I'm sorry." His voice broke at the end and he started to cry into his hands.

Being the good boyfriend I was, I crawled over and wrapped him up in a hug. "You've been dating a freak without even knowing," he sobbed into my chest. I nuzzled his hair and pulled him into my lap. He hugged me tight and let out his emotions as I rocked him gently like a baby.

To be honest, I had no clue what to think. Jimin's 'curse' was absolutely beautiful and seemed to me more like a gift. I didn't find it scary; just strange because I was taught that all of this was just a lie. But as I stared up at the ceiling then back at my boyfriend, I realized I was lied to and that this was very, very real. And I didn't mind it.

I lifted his chin to gaze into his teary eyes. "No, Jiminie. You're not a freak. You're beautiful and talented and smart and funny and... Unique." He smiled slightly and wiped his tears. "This curse you have looks more like a gift to me. It's like a visual representation of your personality," I said as I gazed back up at the ceiling. Blue flowers bloomed over us and the petals fell slowly, but disappeared before they reached us. 

"Besides," I grinned and shook him lightly, "I always knew there was something more to you than meets the eye. I guess this is it." He chuckled and snuggled into my chest, still looking up at me with a fond smile on his face. "Thanks, Kookie. I'm sorry I kept something like this from you," he muttered and I pecked his face until he giggled.

"Hush, hyung. I understand why you did it and I'm not upset. Just... Don't be afraid to be yourself around me. Got it?" I said and he gave me a curt nod and a kiss.

"Got it."

Our kisses turned into longer ones and I laughed when Jimin moaned into my mouth. "Really?" I panted when I pulled away and he grinned and shrugged. "Why not?" That made me laugh and roll him onto the floor. He whined and rolled onto his stomach, allowing me to slap his ass playfully. "Love you, brat," he murmured grumpily and I laid on top of him. "Love you too, garden-creator."

As we continued to fake fight each other, Jimin's garden continued to flourish over our heads and I decided that I was absolutely in love with it. 

inspired by BigBang's Flower Road. Thoughts on that song, cuz ya girl is HYPED over it. Happy Days!

- Tae