Chapter 7

"There's conflict with the rebels," Aedion said.

Aelin knew this problem would come some day. A queen as young as she would not bode too well with everyone.

"We don't want to start a battle," Aelin replied.

No more war. No more.

"We have no choice, they've threatened to sack Orynth, and if we don't engage... their numbers could wipe us out," Aedion said.

Total silence was what engaged in her head.

"How long?" Aelin asked.

Aedion knew what she meant, "We would need a few troops at most, taking a few hours to transport them. Hopefully tomorrow."

She needed to talk to Rowan.

"Listen if you're not comfortable, the Bane and I will take care of it."

She shook her head, "This is my country."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why all the sudden?" Rowan asked.

Aelin shrugged and ran her hands through her blonde hair, "I don't know. I don't know who even is leading them."

"I can't think of a major territory who would help due to a grudge against you," he wondered out loud.

"I don't want more death," she quietly said.

He walked to her, with a predators ease and took her face in his hands.

"You cleaved the earth in two. One more battle, Fireheart. Show the rebels why Terrasen rose from ashes," he whispered.

Looking up at him she strongly said, "Time to break out the swords again."

Author's Note - My inconsistency with posting is unacceptable. Buuut it might get worse with finals :/. I love this story and WILL continue it, please stick with me! Thank you for reading!