Chapter 25: High...

Start from the beginning

"You read it yet?" Marley questioned Kain.

"Yeah but, I didn't understand...".

Marley slowly removed his glasses and cleared his throat, "Pierre was a bredren of yuh mada. Him was a bad man! Him always kill di people dat fucked round wid him.." Marley laughed as he remembered when he nearly got killed by Pierre.

"Wi was all gud but one day him switch up pun wi. Mi didn't kno wah mek him but di reason was dat him like yuh mada or sup'm like dat." He mentioned.

"Yeah, my pops told me that." Kain sighed.

"Him aready had two pickney but him still want yuh mada. Yuh aready kno the story but he's a dead man. If anybody coming fi yuh cuz of Pierre, it got to be eitha fi him wife or him pickney. But him wife isn't strong enuff so it must be di pickney.".

"Him doesn't have any family. All fi him people was killed during dat war between him an yuh fada. Di only people him have left is him wife an pickney.".

"So after years of living with his wife and kids, he came back for my mom? Damn...Do you know where his children are?" Kain asked bouncing his leg up and down.

"All mi kno dat dem use to stay inna Miami. Mi don't kno if they're still there." Marley shrugged.

"That's where my brother stays.." Mahogany's eyes lit up.

"Really?" Kain looked at Maggie.

"Yeah. Maybe if we take a trip down to Miami, we can maybe ask him if he knows anything about any García's in the area? His kids may be dead, Kain. We don't know if your dad had gotten people to look for his wife and kids when they were at war with each other." Mahogany took his head.

"Marley, thank you, man. All shipments will be arriving next week Friday." Kain stood up and shook hands with him.

-

"You need to stop stressing, bae..." Mahogany caught her breath as she just sat on top of Kain after going at it for so long.

"I can't stop thinking about it. I mean, I've got to question my mom too." He licked his lips as he placed his hands on her hips.

She slowly began bouncing up and down again, "...shit! Ask her what?" Maggie bit down on her lip and moaned.

"About the whole thing between her and García..Then, we gotta go down to Miami." He stated.

"We? You mean, I gotta go down to Miami." Mahogany stopped.

"Why you stopping, Ma?" He sat up.

She slowly climbed off of him, "I haven't told my big brother about you yet. I don't want anything to go down. The men in my family are very over protective." Maggie rolled her eyes.

"Ain't nothin' gon' happen. Besides, I ain't letting you go on your own." Kain got out of bed.

"I won't be going on my own. I'll go with Daina. I haven't seen my brother in years so I think it's best if I go without you." She folded her arms.

"Man, this is my business, Mahogany. I'm going too." Kain said throwing on his basketball shorts.

"No! I'm going with Daina, Kain. Why can't you let me go on my own?" She watched him pour champagne into two glasses.

"Here.." He offered.

"I'm not drinking. I can't drink." She shook her head.

"Why can't you drink?" He tilted his head.

"Because, I just can't.." She shook her head again.

"A'ight. Suit yourself." He shrugged and down both of the glasses.