McCree x Female Reader: Stars

Part Five: McCree x Female Reader - Stars

Rating: MODERATE

Author's Note: This story is based on what happened in one of my former relationships. I loved this person very much and still miss him to this day. Regarding content, you find yourself stumbling along the city, nostalgia setting in and remembering the relationship you had with Jesse McCree.. Is it time to let go?

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been over a year now since you'd spoken to the infamous Jesse McCree and your heart still ached for him. You had been seeing each other for just over six months, and your relationship was perfect. You made him so happy and couldn't understand where it had all gone wrong... Jesse was so much lighter, less dependent on alcohol and infatuated with you.

One day, Jesse decided to stop answering the phone. You tried messaging him, confused as to why he refused to speak to you, but he never gave you his reasons. Eventually, you stopped calling and tried letting him go but he still was there with you.

Overwhelmed by your emotions, clutching onto his shirt that he'd left in your apartment, you decided to take a walk. You could still smell his cologne that stained the air, causing tears to drip down your face. You closed your eyes as you closed your door, and you were there again. You remember standing on opposite side of the road, watching the green slowly fading into an amber before changing to a permanent red. That's when you saw him, smiling, waving. His brown eyes stared right into you, melting you like butter and his brown hair blew against the wintry air. You wore a white coat and could feel the chill run down your back. You stood, forgetting why you were crossing in the first place, as he walked across the asphalt towards you. He walked slowly, as if he were enchanted by your beauty before gripping your small hand and planting a soft kiss. You knew he could feel it too.

You opened your eyes and you were disappointed to discover that he was no longer standing there. You had walked to the same road where you had met, and he wasn't there this time. It broke you. You clasped at the plaid jacket, trying to hold on to him. You walked around the corner to the bar where he first took you, starting your crazy adventure. You smiled as you recognized the bar stools where he first kissed you.

You remembered how he held you after the first time you spent the night together. You remembered how he looked at you from across the fire, beckoning you to come join him in front of all his friends. You remembered how he held you when you couldn't walk after having too much to drink. You remember the first time you made love in your hotel room, and how he whispered into your ear telling you how beautiful you were. You remember him telling you about his past and how you'd brought a ray of sunshine into his life. You remember when he took you camping and you were back there again, under the stars...

You had spent the day hiking and you were both exhausted. You managed to successfully set up your tent and light a fire, but you just wanted to go lie down and have a rest. You heard Jesse unzip the tent and climb in and lie down next to you.

'You awake?' He breathed, kissing your ear.

'Mm' you mumbled, rubbing your eyes, adjusting to Jesse's touch.

'Come outside. I have something to show you' Jesse whispered into your ears.

'Okay...' You responded, taking his hand and letting him guide you out of the tent.

Your eyes adjusted to the flicker of the flames, and there you saw a blanket with two glasses and a bottle of rosé there waiting for you under the stars.

You were speechless, as he held your hand and made your over to the rug where you lay down in his arms.

'Jesse' you said nervously, feeling the beat of his heart.