➸ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

THAT EPISODE BACK in the forest remains clear and fresh in Yerim's mind, and also, Jeongguk's; the male has a little idea of what could have possibly happened during her one-minute of 'blanking out', but then again, he doesn't want to jump to conclusions.

"It was just as if I was living in that moment, experiencing it myself," Yerim explains while glancing around the table with Jeongguk's hand held around her gently, as if giving her strength and assurance, which is working with her nerves all settled and calmed. "But then when I hear Jeongguk's voice, I am dragged back to reality and it is as if the scene has never occurred and it is merely just a figment of my own imagination."

With that, the entire table falls into an ultimate silence before Jeongguk speaks up, "I know what you guys are thinking, but for now, let's all hold our thoughts and keep this to ourselves. We still have no specific conclusion about Yerim's power, and as we know, there are only ten types of powers that a White Wolf can possess. Let's just wait for things to develop along the way, but her safety is our priority for now since we may not know what can happen to her, and when."

The other pack members ― Jaehyun, Sungjae, Hoseok, Jongin and Nayoung ― nod their heads together, with a serious expression, with the Beta speaking up, "I shall assign more pack members to be on duty to guard Luna then."

At that, Yerim's brows rise up a little, a little surprised that more pack members will be placed on duty just to protect her, when she should be the one doing that. Instincitively, she shakes her head with her head turning to look at Jeongguk, "Actually, may I join in the pack training?"

"No," her mate replying instantly with his brows furrowed together, disliking the idea of his own mate being actively involved in pack training, and highly vulnerable to suffering deep injuries. The last thing Jeongguk ever wants to see is for Yerim to be covered in fresh wounds.

Yerim frowns, the corners of her lips curving downwards, "Why not? I think it is better if I learn some self-defense skills for myself as the pack members can't always be around to protect me."

"Well, I will be there when they are not around."

"I can't always depend on you, Jeongguk. There are times where I need to protect myself and others, and I think joining in the pack training will be good for me, and my wolf," she argues, surprised that she is holding a little debate with Jeongguk since she has never argued or defended for herself verbally.

Before Jeongguk can open his mouth to reject her idea, Jaehyun clears his throat, causing the two pack leaders to turn their heads silmutaneously to face him, "I think what Luna has suggested is a wise decision, and should be taken up."

At his response, the Alpha lets out a low growl, not liking the fact that his Beta is supporting his mate's idea (which is highly dangerous in his opinion), and Jaehyun raises his hand in the air, as if signaling to his Alpha to allow him to continue with his suggestion. "I know that you're worried that she will be injured, but to let our Luna learn some defense skills will be beneficial for her. It is just equipping her with the basic skills of defense, but we are not training her for a battlefield scenario. Plus, to reassure you, Alpha, I will still increase the number of pack members to guard her."

"That is better; it is like killing two birds with one stone," Sungjae chimes in, supporting his Beta's idea even though he doesn't dare to look at his Alpha right in the eye, afraid that his pack leader may eat him up literally. With the two next-in-command leaders speaking up to support her idea, Yerim can't help but send them a 'thank-you' via telephatic link, noticing how the two responded with a smile shot discretely in her direction.

"Please, and I really want to learn some defense skills," Yerim states firmly, looking at her mate and hoping that he will agree. A few seconds later, Jeongguk can't help but let out a sigh, slouching a little as he gazes at her, "Fine, you will be slot into the training sessions, but you will still have pack members on duty to protect you. Another thing is that you must always have a pack member beside you when I'm not present, is that alright?"

𝕷𝖚𝖓𝖆On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara