➸ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

YERIM SHIFT UNEASILY in the backseat of the car while avoiding the gaze of Jeongguk, who is watching her in silence. By that one look, she can easily figure out what is going through his mind right now. He is probably disgusted by the fact that he has a weak mate who is pretty useless. He is going to reject me just like everybody else. He regrets even bringing me back to his pack.

Rejection is the most painful thing that a werewolf can ever undergo – both male and female werewolves. Mentioned before, a mate is one's soulmate, the one that they are destined to be with for their entire life, and the one who will love them so much. A rejection is only said by one party, who clearly doesn't want his or her mate due to personal reasons, and this leads up to depressing moments for both parties. Their wolves, who have no control against the rejection due to the fact that it is carried out by a human, will slowly die due to the separation from their mate, falling into a silent depression and soon, they will no longer be a part of them after they 'detach' themselves away from the humans' sides. The human part of them will no longer be a living soul but more of a zombie-being. In simple words, getting rejected by their mate means death for their wolf, and no 'living' life for the human part.

Glancing towards the front where Jaehyun and some other pack members are sitting, Yerim glances at the pack member, who is driving the car silently, following the black car in front of them as he glances into the rear-view mirror, peering at his Alpha at times and then at her. She then shifts her attention towards the Beta, who has never looked at Jeongguk or her, but only keeping his attention on the road though he isn't the one driving. They probably won't accept me as their Luna too.

Shifting again, she leans against the side of the door while looking out of the window, while trying to find a perfect position to fall asleep and at the same time, preventing her injuries from worsening. As the car passes by a hump which results in a bump, she lets out a soft wince when one of her bruises jolts her awake. Pulling her sleeves down and wrapping her arms around herself, she leans back against the seat when an arm wraps around her waist, pulling her right across the seat.

Yerim let out a yelp as she crashes into something hard yet warm; a pair of familiar strong arms around her waist. She looks up just to see Jeongguk peering down at her with an unreadable expression, as she mumbles, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to m-"

"Sleep," he whispers softly while pressing her head gently against his chest while reaching over to straighten her legs, letting them stretch out along the seats as she lies in his embrace. Pulling her closer to him as Jeongguk wraps one arm around her waist protectively, he murmurs softly, "Just go and sleep. You need the rest."

A soft sigh can't help but to be made from Yerim softly at the comfort of the warmth that the male is providing, oblivious that the male is watching her silently as the corners of his mouth lift up. Jeongguk then orders the driver, "Drive slowly when it comes to the humps."

"Yes Alpha," the driver replies with a small smile, before watching as his Alpha glances down at his mate in his embrace, his fingers moving across her forehead gently, "Don't worry, nothing will hurt you again. I promise." As Yerim drifts off to sleep in the pair arms that has given her warmth and security.

• • •

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean f-," she stutters out, backing into the corner of the room, as the towering male figure approaches her menacingly but before she can even continue whatever she wishes to say, a stinging pain is felt throughout her legs, accompanied with a loud slap against her skin as she lets out a scream.

Shaking her head desperately with pain as her tears continue to fall, Yerim catches sight of the object that is within his grasp, shivering with fear as she lets out a cry ― a whip.