➸ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

YERIM WATCHES AS Jeongguk's eyes light up once again, as he takes in the child in his arms lovingly before squeezing him gently, with a soft squeal being elicited from the child, Sejun. She blinks a few time as the sight of her mate being such endearing to a child, which is definitely a sight she looks forward witnessing the future.

"Sejun!" Heejin hollers, turning around to face the child as the little boy giggles softly, waggling his arms in the air, signaling for Jeongguk to place him down so that he can switch his target. As soon as Jeongguk places Sejun down, Yerim watches with admiration as the child dashes towards Heejin, flying into her arms (literally) as the other lets out a soft huff, lifting him up carefully. "So, did you enjoy your day out today with the other kids?"

"Yeah! Soorin was mean to me though," the boy whines softly, nuzzling his nose into Heejin's neck, wrapping his small arms around her shoulders. "You mean Soojin?" Heejin chuckles softly, patting his head gently as Jeongguk exits the kitchen, taking his spot beside Yerim, who is watching Sejun with curious eyes.

Just then, the little boy pulls away from Heejin, blinking at Yerim before pointing his small finger at her, "Who are you? You are pwetty!"

"Pretty."

"Pwetty!"

"Pre, Sejun, pre."

"Pwetty!" the boy cries out again, not understanding where his pronunciation went wrong, staring at Yerim with his adorable pair of eyes as she gives a small smile, "I'm Yerim!"

"Yemim!" Sejun repeats her name again, breaking into a smile that showcases his two front teeth, "You're really pwetty!"

The girl chuckles in response, "Well, thank you!"

"I want to marry you next time!"

At his exclamation, Yerim chuckles softly, finding him highly adorable while she nods her head, "I will like to marry you too in the future! What's your name?"

"Moon Sejun," Sejun introduces him confidently (and mind you, that's the clearest pronunciation Yerim has heard so far from him), while he sticks his short arms out towards Yerim, signaling for her to carry him instead. 

Moon? She questions silently, while stretching her arms forward, taking the boy from Heejin's arms while Minjung chuckles softly, shaking her head, "Sejun, you're at it again ― always asking people to carry you."

Sejun merely giggles softly, while staring at Yerim before poking his index finger against her cheek, "I like you. I'm definitely going to marry you when I grow older!" Before she can even play along, Jeongguk clears his throat, "Sejun, like I said, she's my mate so I will be marrying her."

"No! She should marry me, and not you!"

"And why is that so?" Jeongguk asks him, bending down to Sejun's eye level with an amused smile displayed on his face. "Because I'm better than you!"

And with that one sentence from the younger child, everyone in the living room erupts into fits of laughter, amused that the five-year-old boy has declared himself to be better than the Alpha of Black Ravens, even Jeongguk himself can't help but laugh along.

"Indeed you are, but I'm sorry Sejun, she's the one person I will never let you have," Jeongguk chuckles lightly, shaking his head at the sight of the little pout that is forming on the child's lips. As Sejun is about to protest furiously, Minjung clears her throat while clapping her hands towards the young boy, "Come now, Sejun. I baked some of your favorite cookies. Shall we go and try them?"

At the mention of 'cookies', the child's eyes instantly light up and sparkle with his entire attention directed towards Minjung, while nodding his head enthusiastically. With that, Yerim passes the child to Minjung, with a little peck on the cheek given by Sejun as he made a promise to find her again (after his cookie break). As Yerim watches the duo enter the kitchen with Sejun eliciting loud squeals of excitement, Jeongguk places his hand at her lower back, earning her attention as she turns around to see her mate looking at her warmly.