➸ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

JEONGGUK'S BREATHING IS the only thing that she is concentrating on as she looks away from him, avoiding him in the eye since it is an embarrassing thing to have a human as one's mate especially when one is the Alpha. To have a human as one's female Alpha, it tends to bring down the fame and reputation the pack has since to have humans as a ruler, is a disgrace

"What do you mean?" he asks softly, as his hand drops to his side, with his head tilted to the side due to confusion, as Yerim licks her lips nervously. Her father did mention about it before ― her being pathetic, and useless, and being unable to shift, so her confession shouldn't be a shock.

He wouldn't want me anymore. I am going to get rejected again. Yerim can feel the pain that will be coming forth with his rejection, as she inhales in deeply before replying, "I am a human and I can't shift. That is what my father is was trying to tell you." With that, she inches backwards till her back touches the bedframe while pulling her knees closer to her chest, as the only sounds that can be heard is the breathing of both. The ultimate and heavy silence of the atmosphere seems to be his reply, as Yerim bites down on her lower lips, prepping herself for the rejection, the long strand of words from the male.

Instead, Jeongguk stands up before casting a look at her, "Let's head to bed, and continue on with this tomorrow. You need some rest, so get some as I head over to my office to finish up some documents." With that, the male walks out of the room and shuts the door behind him, leaving her in the dark and empty silence, before a soft sob escapes from her.

• • •

The next day, Yerim wakes up to an empty side of the bed as expected, with Jeongguk's side remaining fresh and new, as if he has never returned from his office. She stares blankly at the empty side, feeling a little bitter about having her hopes up yesterday that the male may welcome her with open arms the way he did with his human pack members, but she is wrong. Just then, the door creaks open, breaking her train of thoughts as she turns around, spotting the familiar figure, Sooyoung, who pops her head inside as she waves at the younger one.

"Good morning, Luna!" she exclaims out in excitement, taking a step into the room as she notices the red puffy eyes of Yerim's, widening her eyes slightly. "Have you been crying?"

Yerim immediately glance away while lowering her head, to allow her hair to fall to cover the sides of her face, "I am fine, it is just some allergies or dust that got into my eye." A lie; a white lie to cover up the pain that is deep within her.

"A-Are you sure? Do you need to some medication for your allergies?" she asks, genuinely concerned and worried as the other feels a wave of guilt washing over her for even lying to Sooyoung. Yerim places her feet on the ground, with her back facing the other as she nods her head weakly, afraid that if she looks at the other in the eye, all she will do is break down into tears.

Sooyoung then lets out a soft sigh, before humming a happy tune, "Then, let's get dressed! We are going shopping today."

"S-Shopping?" Yerim turns her head over her shoulder, with a raised eyebrow as Sooyoung nods her head eagerly, while placing a brown paper bag on the couch. "Our Alpha noticed about the lack of clothes you have and has assigned me to bring you shopping today along with some pack members, as you know for security reasons! But, there isn't a need to worry as there will be a mix of both males and females."

Jeongguk did this?

Yerim then asks softly, with slightly high hopes, "When did he tell you?"

"The day you arrived," she replies, before pulling out a simply casual blouse along with a black denim shorts. "Here, wear this. I think it will fit you. So, go get dressed, and I will meet you downstairs for breakfast, before we head out for some girls' time! Alright?"