ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ

Comincia dall'inizio

I limped over to the town square where a well-kept park was and where the moon overhead bathed it in silver light. I lay on the soft grass where I had a clear view of the moon. I placed my ankle down gently, carefully to not jerk it too much.

I lifted my staff up and carefully tapped the curved end to my aching foot. Frost spread onto my bare foot and circled it in a fern-like pattern. The pain was relieved slightly, my magic healing my foot. At least I could have a peaceful night.

Bunny's POV:

I honestly can't believe that the Man in Moon chose Jack Frost as the new Guardian. He is a reckless, careless boy who couldn't care less about the importance of the work that we do. And, to make it worse, North sent me to fetch the little ankle biter.

The yetis that accompanied me were in place and all I needed to do was bring Jack to the location. Easy. If I knew Frost, which I wish I didn't, he was a very curious boy. It would be easy to lead him to the yetis. I saw him, the small figure in a blue frosted hoodie, brown pants and with snow-white hair. He was lying down in the town square, staring up at the moon.

Using my powerful legs, I sped across the grassy park, right in front of the boy. As I ran, I glanced sideways at him, seeing the surprised look on his face before I darted away. I disappeared into the shadowed alley, peeking out to see if Jack was following. I saw him pull himself to his feet with his icy stick. Was something wrong with him?

I drifted towards my hiding place and I waited until he landed. When he did, he scanned his surroundings, his staff aimed where his blue eyes searched.

"Hello, mate," I said, leaning against the alleyway wall, still concealed in the darkness. From the light across the alley, I knew he could see my figure. I twirled my boomerang in my paws as I continued, "Bin' a long time. Blizzard of '68, I believe." I walked into the light. "Easter Sunday, wasn't it?"

"Bunny!" He said, his voice a courageous tone. He leaned against his staff innocently, but the look in his eyes spoke a different story. "You're not still mad about that, are you?"

Of course I'm still mad at him! He almost destroyed my holiday with that stupid blizzard that he caused. It took me forever to repaint all of the eggs that he had broken. Easter was almost ruined that year because of that brat. How dare he ask me if I was still mad about that.

"Yes," I pointed my boomerang at him before observing it carefully. "But this is about something different. Fellas?"

The two yetis that I had brought with me rushed into the light and snatched up Jack by his hoodie. He shouted in protest, kicking and squirming as they stuffed him into a sack. Jack yelled in pain as he landed. His staff, sadly for him, didn't join him in the sack and he was defenceless. Then he yelled something strange.

"No! No! I can't go with you! Don't make me go with you! He'll hurt me! Let me out!" Jack's voice was full of fear and had lost its usual arrogance. He was never like this. He struggled against the sack like his life depended on it. The yetis seemed surprised at his reaction too and looked at me for orders.

"Take him to the pole, mates." I said, and one of the yetis pulled out a magic snow globe, shook it and threw it. The yeti tossed the screaming sack into it, gesturing for me.

"Nah, mates. I'll see ya at the pole." I tapped my foot twice and a hole appeared in front of me. I dropped inside, my shortcut to the pole.

Jack's POV:

Bunny was bringing me straight to the people who I wanted to avoid. And what did the Guardians want with me? After decades of ignoring me?

The yetis that shoved me into the sack had probably rebroken my ankle and, to make matters worse, I didn't have my staff to heal myself. I wouldn't be surprised if Bunny had left my staff back in that alley. He hated me enough to do it.