eighteen

eighteen.

Today was the day; the day where we would go back to therapy. Harry sat next to me in the waiting room while holding my hand and playing a game on his phone with the other. I leaned back and looked around. The receptionist still gave me small glances to see if I would break loose, then at mine and Harry's intertwined hands. It didn't bother me at all.

A woman and her teenage child sat directly in front of us. The mother would look over at our hands and give disgusted looks, to which I would roll my eyes at. Harry was getting better at going out in public and showing the real him. Yesterday, he had taken me to the park we had first met and played football. He had ended up tripping on me, causing us to fall to the ground, then it all turned into a make-out session. There were dozens of people around, probably watching us as well. But it seemed like it was only me and Harry at that moment. 

"Styles, Tomlinson? Dr. Hughes is ready to see you." The receptionist spoke. 

Harry put his phone in his pocket and smiled at me. He leaned down and gave my lips a quick kiss before standing up, still hand-in-hand with me. I stood up after him and we began to walk towards Lucy's office. 

When we had entered the room, Lucy smiled at us, then scanned our hands. She tried to hide a smile, but I seen it. We both sat in the chair, this time Harry's hand left mine. 

"Welcome back, boys. Did you have a great holiday?"

Harry grinned. "Yes, I did."

"It was alright, could have been better." I teased. Harry reached over and gave my shoulder a playful smack. 

Lucy smiled at us. "I did as well. My toddler, Jackson, was so excited about what Santa had left for him. It was adorable."

"Aw, that's cute." I cooed.

"Yes, but anyways, I did some research - which ended up with my husband getting irritated of how I had my head in a book all holiday break. But I'm excited to tell you. Let me just grab those books." She mumbled as she reached over to pick up the books beside her desk.

Once she sat back up, three large books were in her hand. She set them down with a large thud and began skipping through the first once. Lucy was mumbling about what page it was on. Finally she found the right page and placed her finger on it.

"Okay, before I read this, are you two ready?"

We both nodded and looked at each other nervously.

She cleared her throat. "Soulmates - a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. Throughout time, there has been the major myth of soulmates. Though it has not been proven, it is a theory. Scientist and psychologist have gathered up information of this topic, claiming their patients have had a strange happening with another person. Here are the types of incidents that were most popular with the patients: Sick feelings when close, deja vu, or dreaming of them."

I sat there for a while, with eyebrows furrowed. "So, what you're saying is that we're soulmates." I said slowly. 

She nodded, but put the book to the side and opened the next one. I looked over at Harry, who's eyebrows were also furrowed, though he stared at his hands. When I brought my attention back to Lucy, she was pointing to a paragraph.

"Here's what this one says: Lucid dreaming can come naturally to other people, others may have trouble with it. This type of dreaming is phenomenal - it is where you can control what your body does while you are in a dream. Excitingly enough, some souls can find each other while lucid dreaming. This is what I call soulmates. Some do have dreams of their soon-to-be spouse, others have not even met each other yet, but they are bound to each other."