four

four.  

Rain pattered down the window loudly. I slipped my red sweater on and rubbed my arms. Today, Niall and I had planned to go out to play football with Liam, but unfortunately, it started to rain hard as soon as they showed up at my apartment. In the dream, my body was too exhausted to talk to the curly headed boy; I just snuggled into his chest while he ran his fingers through my hair. 

As for Liam and Niall yesterday, they haven't said a word about the session. I knew Liam felt bad, because he always had something to say. Niall kept quiet because he knew saying something would only upset me more. They ended up dropping me off at the flat and that's where I stayed the rest of the day, watching Orange Is the New Black on Netflix.

I walked into my living area where Niall and Liam were. They both sat on the sofa, looking at their phones. I sat on the recliner and turned the television on to the weather. A woman popped on the screen, circling London; it was under storm watch. It's not even a watch anymore, it's like the sky is dumping buckets of water down.

"Guys," I complained. "it's raining too much to play ball. Let's just go to the cinema or watch a play. Rain and snow do not mix well."

"We already planned this, we're going to play once it dies down." Niall told me, not looking up from my phone.

"Actually, the rain could make it more exciting. We should go now." Liam said.

I groaned. "I'm going to get all muddy. And it's cold."

 "Since when did you turn into a girl?"

"Whatever." I grumbled. "Anyways, how was the date with Emily? Did she forgive you or is she still being a major bitch?"

Liam grinned at me. "Things went great! She came over to my flat, I made the tacos, and then I told her how I felt. She got mad at me at first, but then I gave her a bracelet that I bought after I dropped you home, and she forgave me! I'm glad I'm not single."

A frown set on my mouth. "She forgave you because you bought her a bracelet?"

"Well, no, she forgave me after I showed her it."

"Oh no." Niall groaned.

I let out a deep breath. "I don't know how to tell you this, Liam."

"Tell me what? Guys, I'm confused."

"She's using you." I narrowed my eyes at him. Silence grew upon us, only the sound of rain hitting my windows filled the room. Niall had awkwardly looked back at his phone, pretending to actually do something.

Liam furrowed his brows. "What are you talking about? Emily isn't using me."

"Liam," I sighed. "How much was that bracelet exactly?"

He paused, looking down at the floor. "Two hundred pounds." 

"Oh my god, Liam. You literally set yourself up for this. What have you done?" I groaned, bringing my hands up to my temples. 

Liam only sighed. "You guys are bloody crazy. Let's just go now, the rain is starting to clear up. And let's not talk about Emily."

Niall cheered and jumped up from the sofa. I glared at the two as Niall grabbed my arm and started to pull me up. Sighing at the two, I gave up and stood up. It's not that I didn't want to play football with the two, it's just that I want to stay home and relax a bit. Watch the grey skies cry, drink some hot tea, and watch a film or a new series on Netflix. To me, that sounds amazing. 

"This time, you should put on a jacket." Niall told me with a smirk.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a black jacket to go over the red sweater. Liam and Niall were halfway out of the door. Placing my black boots on, I followed behind them and shut the door. We continued down the hall. My neighbour, Mrs. Lowsley, was walking outside of her door as we approached the hallways.