eight

eight.

I woke up the next day with a grin. No matter how distressed I was, the dreams always find a way to make me smile. The rest of the dream was spent smiling at each other, whispering tiny things like 'I can't believe you're real,' or 'you're so pretty.' It was really nice to have the dream again, it was nice to know that Harry had finally fallen asleep. 

My fingers fumbled with my jacket's sleeve. I currently sat in the waiting room of the clinic. It was almost nine and Lucy was getting ready to see me. She was most likely rehearsing what she would say to me, in order not to anger me. I admit I had previously been a jackass to her, but now, I was actually giving in to the help. 

In the waiting room was a young girl, an old man, and another man my age. He had shaggy black hair, droopy eyes, and looked pretty lifeless. I looked away from him, he obviously didn't need anymore trouble than he does right now. 

"Louis Tomlinson?" The receptionist asked. "Dr. Hughes is ready to see you now."

I nodded and stood up from the chair. It was old and felt like it would collapse at any moment. This whole building needed a new makeover to be honest. If they were to redo this place and made it nice looking, they would get more patients. 

My feet brought myself down the long hallway in front of Lucy's room. Sighing, I knocked on the door. She yelled to come in and I slowly opened the door. Lucy sat in her desk, looking at the papers on her desk. She must not be pleased to see me.

"Lucy." I said, while sitting down. She looked up and gave me a soft smile.

"Louis, it's nice to see you again. Is there any particularly reason you wanted to meet with me today?" I bit down on my lip. Now, I didn't want to admit to actually needing therapy, but that's why I came here. My stubborn ass needs to at least open up to someone, and she's the best person to start with.

Letting out a deep breath, I looked at her in the eyes. "I need therapy. And I know I've been a jerk to you, but I honestly need it." I licked my lips. "Recently, I saw him. You know, from the dreams, I saw him here in London."

Lucy shook her head slowly. "So he's a real person living here in London?"

I nodded. "I talked to him. He's been having the dreams too."

She licked her lips and began writing down things on a piece of paper. We were left in a silence, Lucy not saying a word, only writing down things on her paper. I ran a hand through my short hair and sighed. It felt nice to talk about this to someone. Keeping it inside me, building up, is literally killing me. 

"Louis, tell me more about him." She said after a while.

"His name is Harry. Turns out, one of my mates is friends with him."

Lucy nodded. "What else?"

"I kissed him." 

"You kissed him? What did he do?"

A smile spread on my lips. "He kissed me back." Then the frown faded as I remembered what happened next. "But then he kicked me out of his flat."

A sympathetic frown set on her face. "I'm sorry, Louis. Do you have an idea why he did that?"

I shook my head. He did apologize in the dream, but never a reason why. "He wanted to talk, so I went over to his flat. He was nervous, really nervous. Eventually, he was telling me he didn't want to lose me. I guess I got the wrong idea and kissed him. I'm not sure, he kissed me back, which confuses me so much."