And before Manik knew she had pushed him away and moved into the washroom. Manik heard the door clicking close and smiled broadly at her. He shook his head just at the thought of her shivering self in his arms as he  moved towards the cupboard taking out his clothes and got ready.

He started preparing breakfast for the two of them and soon Nandini joined him. They made some omelets and had it when Manik asked her,
Manik: Wanna go out for a movie today?

Nandini: Movie... Sure!

Manik: There is a theater nearby, I m sure we can catch up the next show.

Nandini nodded at him cheerfully and soon they were out on their way for the movie.
------------------------------------

The day passed away in a blur, they roamed around in the city after the movie, having a fun day. Nandini looked at Manik, from the passenger seat of the car as he drove them back to the cottage.

She couldn't help but notice the longing on his face. He was trying his best to act normal, be cheerful in front of her. But that longing look in his eyes was clearly visible to her at sometime or other. Though they went out for a movie, he was sitting right next to her but she knew his heart and his mind was far far away from her.

As much as she wanted, she knew there was nothing that she could say or do, that would make him feel better. It was a difficult time for him and all she could do was to be next to him. She shifted off her gaze from him to outside the window.

She saw the town already on their way to call it a day. This was the thing she loved about small towns, people knew how to live a family life, it was just 9 pm and everyone was on their way home.

She looked over to Manik again to find him lost so unlikely to everyone on the other side of the window. As she looked outside, before she knew her hand reached ahead, entwining her fingers with his.

Manik felt her hand into his and shifted off his gaze to her, to find her eyes closed with her face tilted to the other side.

No matter what, Manik couldn't do anything but feel thankful for Nandini's presence next to him.

Yes, he wanted to be alone!

Yes, he wanted to shut off from the world!

But even then, he knew he liked her being there. It had been two days, and she hadn't asked him anything about his sister. Nothing about why he fled away from his house every year at this time. And he was grateful for that.

She was there for his support, and somehow even if he didn't say anything, he tried his best to hide his feelings from her, moments like these told him that she could read him better than he thought she could.

He shifted his gaze from the road back towards her, looking at the blank look on her face as he tightened his hold on her hand. A relief spread over her face immediately as she lifted off their hands on rested them on her leg as she usually did.
-----------------------------

The next day Nandini woke up when Manik stirred her.

Manik: Nandini.... Wake up! Nandini.....

She opened up her eyed to find him bending over in front of her,

Nandini: Hmn..

Manik: Get up! We r going out...

Nandini: Now?
Nandini asked still feeling sleepy only to be shaken again.

Manik: Yes Now!! Get up...

Nandini sat up straight on the couch picking up her phone from the side to see the time, only to rub them in disbelief.