Caleb got married last year, and his wife is now pregnant with their first child. We still don't know what it'll be, because it's too soon, but whatever they'll have, I hope it'll be healthy.

Tris's grandparents often come to visit us, and babysit the kids if Tris and I have to attend some event. Fortunately, that doesn't happen often. Neither my wife nor I like to dress up and mingle with self-important assholes.

My sister is a top lawyer and recently won a major case against a pharmaceutical company that tested dangerous drugs on defenseless animals. Her win wasn't only a huge leap forward for animal rights activism, but it also seems that the whole pharmaceutical industry is turning away from lab tests on animals in favor for alternative methods, albeit a bit more expensive. Kudos to Marlene!

Marlene and Uriah became a couple and got married two years ago. They don't have kids yet, but during Ben's birthday party, Marlene told us that they were considering trying for one. Who knows? Maybe one day soon they'll surprise us with the news that they are expecting.

Lynn is currently traveling the world with her girlfriend. They've met five months ago, and fell madly in love. They've been away ever since. However, Lynn periodically calls us and lets us know she is fine. I'm a bit sad she can't be here for the twins' birthday, but she promised she would FaceTime us later tonight to wish her niece and nephew a 'Happy Birthday'.

"Mommy, Ben took Mr. Snuggles," I hear my daughter complain, as I enter the kitchen. Tris is cooking, and has her back turned to me.

"Ben, give your sister her bunny back," Tris scolds, and I see how Ben is shaking his head. "Ben, be a good boy for Mommy, and give Lilly her bunny back," she tries again, trying to not be too harsh.

"He always does that," Lilly pouts.

"Benny, honey, today is Lilly's and Luke's birthday. Do you remember how nice they were on your birthday?" she asks our youngest and he nods. "Don't you want to be nice for them too?" Ben nods his head, and holds out his little arms, giving the stuffed animal back to his sister. "What do you say?" Tris asks him gently, and he looks at his mom with wide eyes.

"Sorry, Lills," he says, sounding upset.

"It's okay. Just don't take Mr. Snuggles again," she tells him firmly.

"But I like him. I wanna play with him," he protests.

"How about you both play with Mr. Snuggles, but Benny, sweetie, Mr. Snuggles is your sister's bunny. You have Maurice the Brontosaurus," my wife argues with our three-year-old, causing me to chuckle, and alert them of my presence.

As soon as the kids see me, they call my name, and run towards me. I crouch down and open my arms for them, and as soon as I wrap them safely in them, I stand up. I kiss Lilly's cheek first and then Ben's and then go to greet my wife. I lean in and peck her lips, as she smiles lovingly at the three of us.

"How about we have a tea party with Mr. Snuggles and Maurice the Brontosaurus?" Lilly suggests, and Ben starts jumping up and down in excitement.

I set my kids down, and warn them not to run in the house, while my wife suggests to invite their brother too. The moment they are out of sight, I turn towards my wife, and wrap her in my arms, kissing her properly.

"Can you believe they are five already?" she asks with a sigh. I shake my head. I really can't.

I ask her if I can help her, but she just dismisses me, telling me to go clean up. It seems, our guests will arrive shortly, and she needs me to watch the kids while she gets ready before that happens. I nod my head and hurry upstairs into our bedroom, get rid of my clothes, and walk into our bathroom. I take a quick shower, and return to my room to put on some comfortable clothes. I decide on a pair of comfortable black jeans and a dark gray tee shirt.