Ahses to Ashes

01/24/19

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: ASHES TO ASHES

"So now that you have sat and healed...what do you mean, Niklaus has a plan? We had a plan, a plan he has mercilessly destroyed!" Elijah yelled as I flinched.

"Your plan wouldn't have worked, Elijah! He said your plan would fail. So he had to enact one of his own." I tell him.

"And What might that be?" He asks.

"He has to get her to link to him." I say.

"My brother wishes to bind himself to our enemy?" Elijah asks carefully. "She'll be virtually indestructible."

"He said I had to convince you that everything he had to do he had to do alone. You had the wrong ingredients to kill Dahlia, and he has to buy time before he finds the right ones." I explain.

"How?"

*

"I am so sorry about Gia, Elijah. I didn't know that he would do that." I shake my head as I watch Elijah stare at her body.

"Are you?" He asks me.

"I'm not condoning his actions. I'm trying to help you. All I know is, Klaus will do whatever he has to do for-"

"Klaus will do whatever he has to do for Klaus!" I close as my eyes and put a hand to my stomach. "Now Hayley is not answering her phone. Now, what has he done?"

"Back off, Elijah." I hear behind me and see my dad and Rebekah in her original body. "It's not her fault."

"Don't blame the messenger." Rebekah says.

"Rebekah." Elijah says in shock.

"Looks like Niklaus had a lot on his to-do list last night, and as for Hayley..." she looks back to my dad as I furrow my eyebrows.

"What about Hayley?" I ask them.

"When Klaus attacked me, he stole the spell that I used on the crescent wolves." My dad tells us giving me a sympathetic look.

"So he would condemn her to the body of a beast?" Elijah asks angrily as I grow offended and ashamed.

"Elijah, listen to me." Rebekah says and walks in front of him. "Hayley will be human once a month. We will find her, and we will help her."

"No." Elijah shakes his head.

"We need to focus on those who need saving today. Freya called. Dahlia is incapacitated. They are two hours north at orchard near pearl river. She has hope." Rebekah tells her right before he speeds away.

"I'm just gonna..." I point to the compound and walk away from the two still there. Too much information right now. If Klaus cursed Hayley, then, that means my brother is cursed. Every wolf out there is cursed. I won't be able to see my brother except once on a full moon and that's even if I can find him. And don't get me started on Elijah, he called me and my brother and even my babies beasts.

I get it's hard for him right now, but it's hard for everyone. I mean, Gia is dead. Hayley and Jackson are cursed. I sigh rubbing my temples and open one of the cabinets taking some Advil. I'm way too stressed and stress is not good for my babies.

*

"Nik is demented. Are we really to dig up our mother, burn her to ash, swap said ashes for Kols, and then trick Davina into using up her last chance to bring someone back from the dead, not to mention we lose the opportunity to save Kol if Davina doesn't turn us inside out?" Rebekah rants.