016

11/28/18

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: SAVE MY SOUL

When Maddison woke up, she was alone in the bed, Klaus wasn't next to her like he was when she fell asleep last night. Today was the day that she needed to tell her dad about the baby. The last thing she wanted was for him to hear it from someone else. She got up and got dressed before she made her way towards her father's loft.

When she arrived, Marcel, Rebekah, Josephine and her witches all stood outside.

"What the hell is going on?" Maddison asked her dad as she approached the group.

"Take her." Josephine ordered but Maddie sped towards the male witch that went for Rebekah and put her hands around his neck.

"I swear to god Josephine, if your witches put a hand on Rebekah, I will rip you apart along with the rest of them." Maddison sent the elder woman a challenging look as she was in protective mode.

"That won't be necessary." Elijah spoke up as he walked forward in front of the group of witches. Maddison let go of the man and shoved him forward as Elijah continued. "Miss Larue, it would be a great shame to soil the goodwill of our recent agreement. Now I am sorry for your loss, but Marcel is telling the truth. Rebekah now occupies the body of Eva Sinclair, and my sister is innocent of this crime. Now you have my word I will find whoever is responsible and make certain that justice is served. And now I would encourage you all to leave."

"You have til tomorrow. After that, it won't matter what i say. Witches will stop at nothing to protect their children." Josephine told Elijah and looked behind him at Maddison. "I'm sure you're well aware of that Miss Gerard. It's an impulse I know you can respect."

Maddison clicked her tongue in frustration, it seemed like everyone had just been outing her before she could even tell anyone about her being pregnant. After the witches left, Marcel was quick to asked her what Josephine meant, "What is she talking about?"

"Surprise?" Maddison smiled softly as a hand rested on her stomach. Shock and realization crossed his face but she promise she'd talk to him about it later as she had stuff she needed to do.

 Shock and realization crossed his face but she promise she'd talk to him about it later as she had stuff she needed to do

"You know, when you said you needed my help i didn't think it would be this." Elijah said as Maddison rolled her eyes and continued walking.

"Well, you're the one that agreed to help, so-" Maddie shrugged her shoulders as the two walked deep through the bayou.

"Do you even know where you're going?" He asked cautiously.