017

12/08/18

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: EXQUISITE CORPSE

"I should stop packing these away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling. Find Rebekah or Eva or whoever the bloody hell that was, use these to stop her from doing magic, and don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister." Klaus tells Marcel as Maddison is lying down on the couch with her eyes closed. She was exhausted. She didn't sleep very good and she felt sick from her pregnancy. Not to mention that her magic appears to be coming back and it's been...well, it's not coming easily.

"All right. I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed witch kids. The 24 hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her." Marcels explains to Klaus.

"Go to Elijah, get him to charm this elderly witch into calling off the hunt." Klaus says towards Hayley.

"And leave Hope? Don't you think I should stay here and protect our daughter?" Hayley asked him angrily.

"Jackson has been working night and day to secure this compound, surrounding it with his werewolf army, not to mention the fact that I'm here and I know the best way to protect our child is to get Rebekah out of that serial killers body and back into the original model." Klaus raises his voice towards the end and Maddison opened her tired eyes.

"Klaus, I love you so much but if you keep yelling, i will murder you." Maddie groaned softly and shifted on the couch, Klaus gaining a guilty look on his face. Maddison knew that he felt guilty about all of this happening. He's trying his best to protect Hope from Dahlia and still be present with her and the baby.

"Hmm. And what will you be doing while we're doing all the dirty work?" Hayley asked her bay daddy.

"Why, attending to the even dirtier work as usual." Klaus smirks at her.

Everyone seemed to do what they were told to do to help Rebekah. Maddison was too sick to be asleep right now so she wondered around the compound. "I know you miss Rebekah but staring at her portrait is a little creepy, sweetie." Maddison teased as she walked up beside Klaus. He cracked a smile and looked over at her, his hand going around her waist to pull her into him.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was soft and his eyes held love in them. Maddison did tell Klaus about her magic starting to return and the affect it was having on her body. She trusted Klaus and she knew that he trusted her and respects her enough to keep her magic coming back a secret. She didn't want to risk anything happening or anyone finding out until it was all back and she was okay.

"I'm okay. Tired but okay." She smiled and leaned into his side, glancing up at the portrait. She really missed Rebekah.

"Our sister was quiet the beauty." Freya says walking down the stairs.

"You said that you could put Rebekah back in her original body. Do it." Klaus orders her—not even glancing her way.

"Heh. So you've come to your senses?" She asked with a slight laugh in her tone.

"My senses have not faltered. They still demand you are not to be trusted. However, circumstances dictates otherwise, for now." He says turning to face her.