011

10/31/18

CHAPTER ELEVEN: BROTHERHOOD OF THE DAMNED

Maddison woke up in a white room, no doors or windows, just pure white surrounding her. "What the hell?" She whispered to herself in confusion.

"Hello, my child." A voice spoke from behind her making her quickly stand up and turn around.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked cautiously as she stared at the elderly woman. She was definitely beautiful. Long grey hair, striking blue eyes that shined with authority, yet kindness. She looked like a queen. "Where am I?"

"I knew I had to reach out sometime." The woman stepped forward as Maddie narrowed her eyes at her. "Oh my, Mariana, look at you. You look so grown up."

"You know me but I don't know you." Maddie shakes her head as her curiosity grows.

"My apologies. My name is Maria, I'm your grandmother." The woman smiled widely at her granddaughter, Maddie having no reaction as she tried to process what was happening.

"My-my grandmother? You should be dead." She  stated before realizing her words. "No offence."

"None taken." Maria let out a soft chuckle. "I am dead. I died a long time ago. My magic can only keep me alive for so long." Shock crossed Maddison's features making the woman step forward and grab her hands. "Yes, I am a witch. The witch gene skipped your mother and went straight to you."

"It doesn't matter. It's gone or at least it will be soon." Maddison told her as her eyes glanced away from the woman.

"That's why I needed to reach out, Mariana. I have a book, it's hidden really well, and I need you to find it." Maria told the girl with a sense of urgency in her tone.

"I don't understand." Maddie shook her head confused. "What kind of book?"

"It's my spell book. Our families spell book. Over 100 years ago, what's happening to you has happened before. They wrote it all down in the book, how to stop it, how to restore your magic. Find the book." Maria looked her dead in the eye but held such a soft look towards the girl.

"Will I ever see you again?" The girl asked her grandmother. She had finally met more of her family and now she had to go back to the real world and lose them all over again.

"Perhaps, but don't worry. I will be here every step of the way, watching over you, just find the book and read carefully." Maddie nodded her head with tears in her eyes. "I am so proud of you and I know your mother would be too. I believe in you, Mariana. You're gonna change the world and more importantly, the people in it."

"You really believe that?" Maddie asked quietly, unsure about her words.

"You've already started to change Niklaus Mikaelson, my love." Maddie's eyes softened at the mention of Klaus, remembering that he had told her that he loved her. "You are going to change so much for the factions, for witches, werewolves and the vampires. Just remember, I believe in you."

Maddison went to open her mouth once more but she was back to the real work as she jerked awake with a hand clutching her chest. Her eyes glancing around to see her bedroom where she fell asleep in. The girl sighed and lied back down, staring up at the ceiling as she thought about the book. She had to find it but she didn't even know where to look.