015

11/13/18

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU

Maddison groaned from her place beside the toilet, who knew being pregnant made you basically live in the bathroom. Maddie couldn't sleep since last night after everything that happened. The unification, Kol's death, her pregnancy news. She still had yet to tell, well, everyone. With the exception of one person.

Maddie felt guilty not telling Klaus right away. She knew she wouldn't be able to try and sleep next to him with this huge secret. She just needed a little bit of time to figure things out and process it all. She went to the one place where she knew she'd be safe other than the compound.

Maddie wiped her mouth and washed her hands before walking out of the bathroom. Elijah hung up the phone as she stepped out with a sigh. "That sounded like it went well." She mumbled while walking to the sofa and taking a seat.

"Well, you know how Niklaus is." Elijah responded as he looked through his rack full of suits.

"Thanks, by the way. Once I couldn't sleep, I just, I had to get out of the compound and Hayley told me about you moving here." Maddie said looking up at him. "Plus, I really needed someone I could trust with...you know..."

"The pregnancy?" Elijah asked as he walked to the kitchen and started taking out some food. "Speaking of, are you hungry?"

"Elijah, you don't have to." Maddie protested and shook her head at his generosity.

"I'll take that as a yes." He smiled at her and continued his actions as Maddie stood up and walked towards the kitchen counter to watch him.

"You should teach me to cook sometime because I am not a good cook. Actually, I almost burnt the compound kitchen down trying to cook for my dad once." She giggles to herself as she thought back to her dad's face. "My dad wasn't angry though. It was his birthday and I wanted to do something nice so I was going to cook him breakfast. I didn't really know what I was actually cooking but it set fire and my dad rushed in to put it out. Afterwards I was so sad, thinking he would be angry but he laughed, he said he appreciated it and that he loved me and me being with him was better than anything I could have done."

Elijah listened carefully as he cracked some eggs and put bacon in the frying pan. "He was so good as a parent, especially a single one, he raised me all by himself and although I'm a little bit of a mess, he did a great job." Maddie sniffled lightly and wiped her faint tears. "I hope I can be a good parent like my dad was to me. I'm just so scared because I was sent away as a baby and Hope was sent away and I'm scared for my child. I wouldn't be able to handle my own child to be sent away or-or taken from me."

"Maddison," Elijah started as he turned the stove to low and sat next to her, "your child will not be sent away. You will raise your child here in New Orleans, if that's what you want but I give you my word, I will not let this child be sent away and I will always protect the both of you. No matter what."

Maddie looked up at him as he spoke and nodded her head before a slight laugh left her as she realized how emotional she was getting. "Gosh, so you know how hard it is being a vampire with heightened emotions and being pregnant with pregnancy hormones?"

"I don't imagine I would know that." He grinned which made the girl laugh harder and shove his chest a bit. He stood up to finish cooking and placed a plate in front of her.