014

11/12/18

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: I LOVE YOU, GOODBYE

Maddison walked into Hayley's room as the hybrid was rummaging through her closet. "All right. Bad news first. Rebekah will have to miss your nuptials. Kol has a bit of a life-and-death matter he needs help dealing with."

Hayley looked back at the girl and nodded, "Anything I can do?"

"It's witch business, which now seems to be her thing." Maddie chuckled softly, "besides, you have enough to deal with today and on that note..." Maddison pulled out a gorgeous, white, long wedding dress and walked towards Hayley. "Now it's white, which won't fool anyone but you can't get married in skinny jeans and combat boots."

"Oh, Maddison. Thank you." Hayley walked towards her long mirror and held it in front of her in awe. "It's beautiful."

"Well, Rebekah happens to be the only woman alive who's collected wedding dresses in 5 different centuries. Never made it down the isle of course, yet," Maddison added, "I'm still rooting for her and my dad."

"What about you?" Hayley asked with a laugh at her previous comment.

"What about me?" Maddie asked back as she sat on Hayley's bed.

"You and Klaus..." she trailed off with a raise of her eyebrows.

"We just started dating." Maddie protested almost instantly. It's not that she didn't want to marry him one day but she wanted to take it slow. The last time she rushed into things, she got heart broken.

"Yeah, but you guys have loved each other for a long time." Hayley reminded her as Maddie realized that she was right. "Do you think you'll marry Klaus one day?"

Maddie was quiet for a moment as she thought about it. Did she think that her and Klaus would get married one day? She hoped they would but she had no idea if it was something that he would want. Hayley watched the girl as plenty of emotions flash through her eyes. "For what it's worth, Maddie, there is no one I would want to be hope's step mom more than you."

That made the girl tear up at her words with a nod and a smile. She wiped a stray tear and began her answer, "I hope that one day I will marry the guy I've loved for what feels like forever and i hope that i can be a good role model to your daughter. I love her as if she were my own and i would do anything for her. Anyway, today is not about Klaus and I, it's about you and Jack. Rebekah also asked asked me to tell you that although you may be marrying my brother, not the words she used, you're always gonna be a Mikaelson. She wanted to tell you herself but you know, life-and-death situation."

"Gosh, that would be such a nice compliment if it didn't link me to so many homicidal lunatics." Hayley smiled and Maddie laughed with a nod.

"Oh, ain't that the truth." Maddie agreed with a grin and left the room.